chapter nineteen

~♛~

~♛~

tw: suicide attempt

jughead and gracie walked through the metal detector, a security set-up, exclusively at southside high. fortunately, she was smart enough to leave her blade at home, so they passed through with no difficulty.

"so... southside high." jughead sighed, looking around the halls. there was graffiti all over the walls, and the floor was littered with trash and papers.

"gracie! jughead!" came some shouts, and the siblings looked up to see toni, sweetpea and fangs running towards them with alacrity.

toni jumped to do their handshake and sweetpea and fangs bashed into jughead, giving him a violent bro-hug.

"long time no see, juggy! still wearing this hat! gracie, welcome back." they smiled.

maybe southside high wouldn't be so bad.

~♛~

they all sat around the lunch table, joined by some other serpents, making jokes and cracking up with laughter.

"so, what the hell are you bulldogs doing here?" sweetpea asked.

gracie shrugged. "you know about our dad being arrested, and what with our mom up in toledo— we're being fostered by some family that lives down on these parts."

"so, you here for long?"

"most likely." jughead nodded, stealing his sister's pudding cup off of my battered lunch tray.

"jughead! gracie!" betty called, and they turned around in surprise.

"betty?" jughead exclaimed. "what are you doing here?"

~♛~

"you know, i was going to tell you guys." gracie shrugged, putting her hands in her pockets.

veronica pouted. "and when was this going to take place?"

"uh— a few days ago...?" she murmured.

she rolled her eyes. "mhm. okay."

"i knew you would try and stop me, that's why i was hesitant."

"you belong at riverdale high! repudiating, watching vixen practices, hanging out with us at lunch— hanging out with me." veronica protested.