chp 1- Constant whispers

Tatsuya was walking to school listening to the news peacefully until

"Tat~su~ya kun" he heard. Tatsuya turned around and saw Mayumi.

"Mayumi sempai, good morning" he says.

"Good morning. I told you to just call me Mayumi" she says with her arms crossed.

"And I tell you to just call me Tatsuya" Tatsuya replied before walking off slightly.

Once mayumi caught up she said "yeah, but I like calling you that"

"Fine then, call me whatever you like" Tatsuya said smiling lightly.

"Your about 20 minutes early Tatsuya kun, and where is Miyuki?" Mayumi asked.

"Miyuki is ill and I had nothing to do so I just decided to leave early" Tatsuya explained.

"Oh I hope she gets better" Mayumi said gently.

They continued to walk to school and Tatsuya went into the student council room which was empty. They organised some files together and then at the time where most students arrived they left the room to deliver files to the teachers in the staff room

As they walked down the students spoke about them. This happened a lot. Tatsuya listened as the students said:
"Here come the power couple"
"They look so cool next to each other"
"They're both lucky to have each other"

Tatsuya sighed and Mayumi laughed.

"They seem to have the idea that we are dating or like each other" Mayumi said giggling.

"Yeah, I know. Rumours in this school never stop" Tatsuya said in his usual tone.

"Well the students are passionate" Mayumi said proudly

Once they delivered the files they both went to the places they needed to be.

Tatsuya walked into his classroom and saw his friends Erika, Mizuki, Miki and Leo. "Good morning" Tatsuya said as he sat down.

Before his friends could reply another boy from his class slammed his hand on the table and said "another fun morning with the princess?"

"Your talking about Mayumi sempai right?" Tatsuya checked.

But before that boy could respond a girl came up to him and asked excitingly "so are you and mayumi dating yet?"

"No" Tatsuya simply said as his home room teacher walked in and demanded that they all sat down.

Tatsuya closed his eyes and played with his hair a bit. Leo whispered to him "cheer up, you should be used to this by now".

Lunchtime:

Mayumi sat back in her chair with her arms crossed and looked at the time.

"Where isnt Tatsuya here?" She grumbled.

"Because Miyuki isnt here, so he has no reason to come." Mari explained.

"He could still come" Mayumi justified

"Its ok, you have us!" A-chan yelled

"Yes" mayumi calmly replied and then began to eat.

"I'm sure he is with all his other friends" Mari said unenthusiastically but still reassuring Mayumi.

Home time:

As it was home time, Tatsuya started to leave the school with his friends.

Mayumi who was still in the student council room was looking outside the window and then spotted him. She decided to stare at him to see if he looked back.

Tatsuya felt uncomfortable which meant that someone was staring at him. He looked around and saw Mayumi who smiled at him. He felt himself blush a bit but he quickly regained his composure and waved back before leaving.

"Why did I react like that?" Tatsuya thought to himself.