chp25-Hidden behind her smile

Mayumi was up early. The rain poured heavily and the wind remained weak. She lit up a candle.

Mayumi wanted to go to the cemetery but she didnt want to go alone. She knew her farther goes round at the current time it was now (5:30) and her brother goes late at night.

Mayumi thought to herself "should I bring Tatsuya? He must be busy though....but I really want to..."

After a bit she decided to text him. "Hey Tatsuya, can you come over to my house?"

She was shocked to see his quick reply which said "is it important? The rain is really heavy outside and I have work"

She read his message and felt deflated. She started at her bedroom ceiling "ugh for gods sake!" She thought to herself.

Tatsuya waited 3 minutes and then thought to himself. "She hasnt responded yet.... she must not be in a good mood or something may have happened. I should go check"

He texted her "I'll come over. What time do you want me to be at your house by? ❤"

Mayumi read the message and life was restored in her again. "Come by 8 and wear all black" Mayumi responded.

Tatsuya texted back "sure, I'll see you in a bit "

Mayumi responded with "😘" .

Tatsuya got changed and thought "black clothes? I have a bad feeling about this. But whatever it is, I'll help her or at least watch her through it"

At 7:25 Tatsuya was ready. He was wearing a long sleeved vest with a long sleeved plain shirt and a blazer with a tie which was all black.

He arrived at 8am and rang the door bell.
Mayumis maid opened the door and let him in.

Once Tatsuya entered the room he saw Mayumi wearing a simple black dress with a black cardigan. Her hair was in a bun and her ribbon was wrapped around her wrist.

Tatsuya walked up to her and said "what is the plan for today?"

"Tatsuya, I want to take you to a special place. All you have to do is stay by my side,You dont need to comfort me or anything" Mayumi explained in a serious tone.

"I understand" Tatsuya said gently.

Mayumi got into the car and was silent. Tatsuya got worried but didnt say anything. He decided to just hold her hand and hold on to the bouquet of flowers.

The rain continued to pour down and Mayumi stared at it through the window.

After a silent 25 minute journey they arrived at a cemetery and Tatsuya felt Mayumi grip his hand tighter as she pulled hin out of the car.

Tatsuya quickly pulled her into his chest as he got the umbrella open and they both walked underneath it.

Usually it was Mayumi who initiated all the conversations or all the contact between them but today Tatsuya knew he had to take charge.

He held mayumis hand and walked past many graves until "stop" Mayumi sofly demanded. They both stopped and Tatsuya read whose grave it was. It was Mayumis birth mother.

Mayumi let go of him and Tatsuya stayed right next to her as they both prayed and continued to hold the umbrella over her.

When Mayumi finally opened her eyes Tatsuya kissed her forehead but she had no reaction.

She just looked at her mothers grave.

"Mayumi, here are the flowers" Tatsuya said gently.

Mayumi thanked him and placed them next to the flowers her farther brought.