10

<feel free to listen to music while you read>
Midoriya's POV

I wake up some time later and just stare at the ceiling. I feel........ different. It's not a bad feeling, it's just strange. I wonder if what ever they did actually help. I'm not sure how long I was just lying there before Toga and Dabi came in.

"Hey~ how you are you feeling?" Toga questions her usual smile plastered on. Dabi rolled his eyes "he's probably tired and drained and needs sleep".

"Actually I'm feeling really good! And I've been up for a while now and just can't sleep" I say with a slight chuckle. Dabi surprisingly looks a tad........ relieved? I started to sit up, there were no more restaurants on me.

"So dose this mean we can see if the procedure worked?!" Toga asked excitedly.

Dabi sighs "as long as Izuku is ok with it. We still don't know the side effects"

"Side effects?" I questioned "what side effects?" Dabi looks at me like he had accidentally spilled some huge secret.

"Well you've done it now" Toga laughs at Dabi "you see, we tested something that's kinda experimental on you to see if it would help you walk" I stare at the two of them in disbelief.

"And you didn't tell me, why?" I ask which seemed to surprise them.

"Well I mean one, we wanted to help you but weren't sure how you felt about experimental things. Two, we wanted to see if it would work" Dabi answered me. I thought about it for a second.

"Honestly I probably would have said yes anyway. Besides you guys did kidnap me so I never really had a choice" I say back "but I am curious, what was the procedure?"

"Well we assumed that the reason you had so many problems was be cause you were quirkless. So all we did was find a quirk that you could handle and BAM problem solved!!" Toga happily told me.

"You gave me a quirk? ......... How?" I ask in disbelief. How is that even possible?

Dabi sighed "listen I don't want to be here all day explaining things so how about you just try and walk already?" He says extending a hand for me to grab. I reach out and grab it. He pulls me up off the bed, if you can call it that, and I try and stand. I'm a little wobbly but I'm standing. I could always stand though so the real question is can I walk? Dabi still has a hold of my hand for extra balance and stability. I take a deep breath and take my first step....... then my second..... and third!!! Dabi let go of my hand and I sloppily walk around the two of then. I'm kinda panting at this point and Toga helps me to my bed.

"Ohhhh~ I'm so glad it worked!! But don't over do it, ok?" Toga said super happily. I was beaming, this is like the best thing ever!! But what quirk did they give me?

"What quirk did you give me?"

Toga smiles "just a simple regeneration quirk"

"Thank you" I say with my head down "and I mean it, I've never thought I would even have a chance at walking agin. This means a lot to me" I look up and give the two a huge smile. Toga started to tear up a little and Dabi looked very touched. 

After that I started to practice walking every day. Soon enough I could get around fairly easily. They let me out of the room as long as they are there to watch me. I've started to learn to cook and clean, two things I couldn't do but really wanted to before. I also found out exactly how long I've been with them for. I have been with the League of villains for an entire year now.

As much as I would love to see my mom and friends agin. It hasn't been terrible here. Everyone has started to treat me like a little brother of sorts. Even Shigaraki has taken a liking to me! They've bought me clothes and Toga likes to play with my hair. I really enjoy their company, I feel like I can speak freely around then like if I'm mad I can Express it. I no longer have to play the part of perfect son or a good friend. I can just relax and not worry about anything. Also Dabi taught me how to speak my mind, some basic self defense, and how to cuss!!

"Ok pretend I'm a kidnapper" Dabi said as we were doing some more self defense training.

"Oh, don't worry I won't have to pretend" I say to reassure him. He gives me this deadpan look and continues "try and fight me off, ok?" I nod and he comes at me. As he reaches for me I grab his arm and flip him over my shoulder hitting the concrete beneath us. Ouch.

"Are you ok?" I hear a grunt and he gets up.

"Never been better" he says with a thumbs up.

854 words