Everything In Place

Welcome to the final chapter of this wonderful story. It took me a long time to write this story but it finally came to an end. I want to thank everyone who read it and thanks for your patience. Enjoy!!!

Almost a year have past since Alessa returned to New York. When she first got there, she was settled into her apartment and met up with Monica. After that, she managed to get her job back at the magazine she was working for before. Luckily it wasn't like the ones in L.A, this one already knew her potential. Rob dropped by from time to time, even Pauly and Gigi would go for a week long visit. The first two months the media went crazy about her and Cher but as time went by they moved on. Alessa would go visit her parents at least once a month for the weekend. The arrangements were working but for Alessa something didn't feel right. She currently was full of work, her boss had her do an article on Tina Turner so she flew to Switzerland to go see her.

The interview went well, Tina was thrilled to see Alessa again. They hadn't cross paths again since Alessa's 32nd birthday party but Cher talked often about her. Alessa was standing up to leave when Tina stopped her and pulled her into a hug.

"It was so good to see you again sweetie" Tina said

"Me too, you know how much of a fan I am of you" Al said giggling softly

Tina smiled "Yeah" she looked at the young woman intently "you know, I talked to Cher a couple of days ago. She has change in this last year"

"Has she? I haven't seen her. I only go visit once a month but when I do I don't see any change" Alessa said

"Well let me tell you something, let's sit on the couch" Tina said so they did "I know Cher very well and she has been taking hard the situation you two are in. A mother never tells her children when things are wrong just so they can be happy" Tina tells her "Are you happy?"

"To be honest, not really. I thought this arrangement was gonna make my life easier but it really made it harder. I'm overworking myself, I'm distancing myself from my friends and my brothers. When I go to see my parents, I fake my mood so they don't see that i keep having sleepless nights" Alessa admitted

"And why is that?" Tina asked

"I... I don't know" Al said looking down at her feet

"Look, I know first hand how it feels to have children that are not in the spotlight and they live a life apart from the famous one" Tina paused "Thank god for retirement" she joked "I know your situation is different because you're a photographer and journalist now-"

"Yeah, I did the entire journalism course over the year" Alessa said smiling

"But times are different now, people are still wondering about you but they are not on your neck anymore. Are they?" Tina said

"Guess not" Alessa replied

"Do you miss being with Cher and your dad together every day? Do you miss messing around with your brothers?" Tina asked, Alessa nodded "Then what are you doing in New York child?!!!" Tina exclaimed

"What if I don't get a job in L.A like I didn't before? What if my bosses want something out of me?" Alessa said

"You're smart, you can figure out what to do" Tina patted Alessa's knee "Now go pack your bags and go to your mom so you two can be a happy family" she said laughing, they stood up and hugged

"Thanks Tina, I need to get your interview to my bosses at the magazine in New York before I make any moves" Alessa told her, that made Tina smile. As she saw the young woman exit her house, she got an idea.

Two days later Alessa was back to work, she was doing a photo shoot and when she was done she was called to her boss's office. That kind of worried her, she started thinking she was in trouble. After she knocked the door, she was invited in.