Rewritten chapter 3 - Initiation

(Still got motivation. Who knew all I need to write is to actually enjoy it? Anyway todays question is What's ya favourite fanfic? Nothing else to say atm so lets just hop right into it)

I open my eyes and stare at the ceiling for a moment. Weird, haven't had a nightmare in years. I look around to see that i'm the first one up. I think about getting some extra sleep but decide not to. Don't wanna miss initiation after all.

(Y): "Early bird gets the worm, I guess"

I rub any remaining sleep out of my eye as I exit the ballroom. I quickly take a shower, brush my teeth and get changed. I notice some others get up but only an orange haired girl catches my attention. Only because she's so energetic though.

Anyway, I don't give the others any thought and head to the Locker room to grab Ebony and Ivory. My locker was right beside Ruby and Yang's so they catch up quickly. I holster Ebony and Ivory as well as some dust then turn to my sisters. They seem to have noticed the orange haired girl too. I didn't notice the guy she was with before though.

Y: "What's up with them?"

(Y): "Ah who knows. Childhood friends, secret lovers, maybe criminals in hiding. Ain't our business really"

Y: "I guess?"

(Y): "Indeed. Anyway Ruby, you look happier than normal. Never thought i'd see the day you like mornings"

R: "Nope, still hate them but todays initiation and that means no more awkward small talk or getting to know you stuff. I get to let my sweetheart do the talking"

She grabs Crescent rose and cuddles it. Heh, adorable. Still Insane but adorable.

(Y): "Ruby we've already told you that you can't date your weapon. Unless you manage to make it into an actual person in which case go ahead and show us"

R: "I'm still working on it"

(y): "I bet you are. Anyway Ruby your not the only one going through initiation. You gotta talk to people, make some bonds, build a team. Ya can't just not talk to people. It's a part of growing up"

R: "Ugh, you sound like dad"

I suddenly get a headache as she says that. Feels like somethings going to come loose but just refuses to budge. In other words it feels like my heads trying to split in half.

R: "First of all: What does meeting people have to do with fighting and secondly: I don't need people to help me grow up, I drink milk" 

(y): "I don't know sis, you're still pretty short. Don't think thats working out. Besides what are ya gonna do when we form teams?"

She shuffles awkwardly as she considers having to team up with other people.

R: "I'll just team up with you two"

Y: "Maybe you should try being on someone elses team"

R: "Are you saying that you two, my precious big brother and sister, don't want to be on a team with me?"

(Y): "No, Ruby its not that. Let me put it this way even if you team up with one of us, hell even if you team up with both of us, you're still gonna be around new people. I get that it's scary and we're not asking you to become like Yang in a day. We just want you to try ok?"

Ruby looks down, lost in thought for a moment before nodding her head.

R: "Alright, I can try but I still think you're being-" 

Jaune suddenly walks by and finishes Ruby's sentence. Heh, he has good timing. I could use a distraction. I decide to follow him, giving a quick goodbye to my sisters first.