Chapter 1| Stepping Into a New World

Shortly after, we arrived at Noble Michel castle. I've only seen it on TV, but to be in front of it and about to enter it is like a dream. "Lady Kendall, please follow us." Zain caught my attention while I was spacing out.

   Noble Michel was just smiling at me. "Do not worry, my dear. I'll keep our relationship a secret for now until we are both ready to announce the news."

   I nodded nervously. "Y-Yeah... That's some pretty huge news, so..."

   Entering the castle, I was looking around with my eyes. Everything seemed so ancient and sacred, considering this is a sacred land. Up ahead, there was another butler it seemed. But he looked so young, he's probably around my age.

   Zain was still helping my great-grandfather walk since he was still a little weak from earlier. "Theo, will you show this young lady to a guest room? I need to take Lord Nobel to his room so he can rest."

   The young butler named Theo bowed. "Understood." He then turned towards me. "Please follow me."

   "Ok." I followed Theo to where I'll be staying temporarily. I assume I'll just be in the room until it's time to get ready for the party.

   While we were walking, Theo turned towards me. "So... Who are you anyway? You don't look like someone from a noble house. You look like just an ordinary person."

   Not knowing if I should tell him the truth, I was trying to think of something I could make up. "Due to some circumstances, I was invited to this party tonight by Noble Michel."

   "Well aren't you lucky. Not many people can step foot in here except for people of royalty."

   I giggled and rubbed the back of my head. "Y-Yeah..! I know that! I really am a lucky person to be in such a divine place!"

   Theo raised an eyebrow. "Ok then?" He opened the door for me while stepping aside. "Here is your room, madam." I stepped into the guest room, looking around in awe. This room is bigger than my living room back at home, holy crap! "Hey."

   I turned towards Theo. "Yeah?"

   "Did you need anything? Like a drink, perhaps?"

   I shook my head. "I'm good for now, but thank you for asking."

   "If you need anything, you can always call for me."

   "I appreciate that. Also... You can be casual with me. Even if you need to be formal since it's part of your job, you can speak to me like a friend."

   "We're not even friends though."

   "Would you like to be?"

   "Uh..." Theo seemed uncertain about that question. "I don't know, but it's surprising that a guest would even tell a butler to act casually with them. But it'll be easy doing that with you since you're just a regular girl."

   I shrugged. "Yeah, I know."

   "But at the end of the day, I'm a butler and must act formal when necessary. I'll be taking my leave now." With those words, Theo shut the door behind him and left the room.

   I went over towards the huge and luxurious bed, and flopped my back on it. As soon as I did that, my phone in my purse began ringing. Taking it out, I saw it was my father calling. What timing. I ended up answering the call. "Hey dad, what's up?"

   "I just got home from work. How's your vacation?"

   "It's going great so far, thanks for asking!"