Chapter 10| Charles- Pink Roses

About two weeks after my visit to Altaria, I was back at Noble Michel once more. I've been occupying myself by studying in the library, and spending time with my kitten, Ray. Along with talking to my cousins as often as I can, I've been sending Roberto more memes. Never thought I would be sharing memes with a prince, but here we are.

   Currently, I was in my room while sitting down on my bed with Ray sleeping on my lap. I was just looking through my phone after a long day of studying. I heard a knock on my door. "Come in."

   The door opened, revealing Theo pushing in a food cart. There was a tea set with it as usual. "I'm here to provide you some tea and snacks."

   "Thank you for that. I wanted something to eat, but I currently can't move right now."

   Theo noticed Ray sleeping on my lap. "I see. That little guy is really attached to you now."

   "He sure is. He knows I feed him and play with him a lot. It makes me happy that he knows I'm his sole provider."

   "Whenever you're away, he shows affection to me too."

   "Awww, I can see that. It seems like he really loves you just like I do."

   A blush appeared on Theo's face. "You... Love me?"

   "Of course I do! I don't hate you."

   His face looked more relaxed. "Oh, I thought... Never mind."

   I tilted my head. "What's up?"

   Theo shook his head, pouring the tea into the cup. "It's nothing, don't worry about it." For some reason he looked a little flustered. Whoops, I meant I love him as a friend and butler, not as.... I need to clear that up.

   As I was about to say something, my phone started ringing. It was an unknown number, and the area code looked like it was coming from Charles. I wonder why someone all the way from Charles was calling me, and I usually don't pick up unknown numbers, but I might as well answer it. I answered the call, relentlessly putting the phone near my ear. "...Hello?"

   "Hello, is this Lady Kendall?"

   I instantly recognized the voice, shock appeared on my face. "Ed?! Is that you?!"

   I heard Edward chuckle over the phone. "Why yes it is. I'm flattered that you easily recognized my voice."

   "You got an unique voice, so... Yeah. How did you even get my number? I don't remember giving it to you."

   "I had the liberty of asking Noble Michel as I wanted to call you personally for something."

   "Ok that makes sense. What did you need?"

   "I wanted to invite you personally to Charles Kingdom this upcoming weekend. Would you like to do that?"

   "Of course, I would love to visit! What day of the weekend, and what time would be best?"

   "This Saturday is fine, and I can have Louis come pick you up at 11am."

   "Sounds perfect! I look forward to visiting you!"

   "And I look forward to seeing your lovely face again."

   I blushed a little. "Thanks for the compliment."

   "You're very welcome. I shall see you this weekend."

   The call ended and I was smiling from ear to ear. "Now I get to see what Charles Kingdom is like! Traveling like this is so much fun!"