Chapter 17| Drunk in Love

It's been a little over a week since the camping trip and... That. Even though we act like we normally do, I could tell there was an awkward drift between us. It's like we both knew we should talk about it, but neither one of us had the guts to bring it up.

I don't know how he's feeling about all of this. I wish I knew, but how could I bring it up? Nobody, not a soul, knows about what we did at the camping trip that night. Out of context, it sounds like we did something explicit, but all we did was kiss. But... The feeling of it was nice and comforting. Even though we knew it was wrong because of the relationship we have, it felt so right.

Shaking my head, I laid down on my bed and took out my phone. I don't know how our relationship will go back to the way it was previously after all that. We couldn't act like something was wrong in front of people, especially my great-grandfather and Zain or else they would start questioning us. The feeling of hiding something like this was crushing me.

I heard a knock on my door. "Come in."

The door opened, it was Theo pushing in a cart with a tea set. "I made some tea."

"Oh... Thank you."

Theo handed me over a fancy looking envelope. "I'm also delivering this letter addressed to you from Charles Kingdom."

The envelope did have the Charles Kingdom crest on it. Opening it, I opened up the letter and read it inside of my head.

To Kendall Carvalho,

You are invited to Charles Kingdom's annual wine tasting party. You will be tasting wine from each of the Six Nations, in addition to Noble Michel. You will be giving your input for each one as a representative of the council. This event will require you to stay overnight in case you become under the influence. Please RSVP to Prince Edward Levaincois.

"A wine tasting party, huh?"
I said afterwards.

"Are you sure you're up for drinking a lot of wine? You'll most likely get drunk since you still don't know your limit."

"I think I can handle it. I'll be careful not to drink too much."

"If you're certain. Do you want me to RSVP for you, or do you want to call the prince yourself?"

"I'll just tell him I'll be coming."

"Very well." He handed the tea cup to me. "Here you are. Your green tea."

"Thank you." I took a sip of it. It had cooled down some, so it was at the perfect temperature. Not too hot and not too cold. "It's delicious as usual."

"Thanks for your input. You know about that wine tasting party, all the princes are attending, and their butlers naturally go with them, so... I'll be going with you too."

I nodded and slightly blushed. "At least I won't have to worry if I do end up getting drunk. You'll have my back."

"In case you pass out or something, I'll have to take care of you."

"Yeah..." Our conversations have never been this awkward. I can tell he thought so too, and wanted to bring up what had happened that night. Once again, we didn't have the guts to talk about it.

About a week later, Theo ended up driving me to Charles Kingdom. There were other limos parked outside, assuming the princes were already here. Opening the door for me, I stepped out of the limo.

I followed Theo inside of the castle, seeing Louis there who greeted us with a bow. "Good evening, Lady Kendall, Butler Theo."

"Good evening, Butler Louis." Theo greeted. "Are they all present?"