Chapter 3| The Visit

The weekend was finally here. I was waiting for my dad at the airport, shaking my leg anxiously while sitting. I constantly kept checking my phone to see a message from him saying if he landed. While sipping on a coffee I got from Starbucks, I heard my phone ding.

I just landed. I'll be seeing you in five minutes.

I smiled and replied back. I'm glad you made it safely. I'll be waiting for you at the luggage area.

Five-ish minutes passed, and I saw my dad walking towards me. He already had his luggage with him, assuming he had his free carry-on ticket that I had when coming here.

Getting up from my seat, I went over towards my dad and gave him a hug. "It's good to see you, dad."

My dad hugged me back. "It's good to see you too, sweetheart. How have you been?"

"I've been good. How was your flight?"

"A bit jetlagged, but other than that, I'm great. Have you been playing that Animal Crossing game in your spare time?"

I let out a laugh. "I sure have!" It was the truth. With the spare time I had since coming here, I've been playing on my Nintendo Switch and working on my island in the game.

"I'll find a room at the same hotel you're staying at, or at least a hotel that's nearby if there aren't any more rooms available."

"Oh, no you don't have to do that. In fact, my room has a spare bed so you can stay with me."

"Thanks so much! You're a lifesaver!"

"Anything for you! I actually got us a ride to the place we'll be staying at." I'm trying to make him believe for now that I'm staying at a hotel, when in fact I've moved from a hotel to staying at Noble Michel castle. He may figure that out once he sees the type of vehicle we'll be riding in.

"You really came prepared, huh?" My dad laughed. "Alright, lead the way."

"Yes, sir!" While he was walking behind me, I couldn't contain my smile. He has no idea what was coming.

Arriving outside, I saw the limo Zain was next to. He noticed us while we were walking towards him, bowing to us. "It's nice to meet you, Sir Frederick. I've been expecting you. My name is Zain."

My dad just blinked in confusion. "Uh... thank you?" He looked at me. "What kind of fancy hotel are you staying at? I'm sure I didn't give you that much money."

I giggled at his reaction. "You'll see."

"May I take your luggage, sir?" Zain asked.

"Sure, go ahead." My dad answered. Zain took his suitcase, stowing it in the trunk.

Soon after, Zain opened the door for us. "After you, Sir Frederick. Ms. Kendall."

"Thank you very much." My dad answered as he went into the limo, and I followed right after. He looked around the inside of the limo with his eyes, awed at the sight. "So... How much did you have to pay for this limo ride?"

"Why, no charge at all."

"How?! Limos are expensive, so..?"

"Like I said, you'll see. Just enjoy the view." I smiled innocently.

My dad nodded relentlessly. "Alright, if you say so." I can tell he was really confused about what was happening. It didn't look like he suspected anything which was all according to plan.

Not too long after, the limo parked right in front of Noble Michel castle. Zain had opened the door for us, my dad stepping out first.

His reaction was priceless to me. His jaw dropped at the sight of Noble Michel castle. "Why are we here..? Young lady, what is going on?"