Chapter 8| Oriens- Quality Family Time

About another week flew by. I've been cramming my head with information about Noble Michel, trapping myself in the castle's library. While I was studying, I received a text message from my cousin, Yu.

I smirked at the name of the person who texted me. "You finally text me first for once." Picking up my phone, I opened up the message.

Good afternoon, Kendall. I hope you're doing well. I wanted to ask you a favor. Ever since Alan met you at the party last week, he's been asking a lot about you and wants to spend time with you. If it's not too much trouble, would you like to come visit Oriens Kingdom this weekend for a week? I'll inform his highness about this as well.

It looks like my time of visiting has come. I was replying back to Yu's text. Of course! I'll love to! Just tell me the time and day, and we can work something out! 😊

It wasn't even five minutes before I got a text back from Yu. That's good to hear. How about this coming Saturday around 11am? I will pick you up, you don't need to have your butler take you all the way here.

I beamed with excitement, and began typing fast while being careful with autocorrect and typos. Sounds like a plan! This all feels too good to be true! I finally get to see what the kingdom is like! Thank you so much for the invitation, Yu. I owe you one! ☺️

I received a text back soon after, reading it fast in my head. I know you're excited. I'm excited as well as Master Alan, and I'm sure his highness will be too. He just won't admit it out loud.

I snorted at the text. I barely spent time with my prince cousin, but I could tell he was somewhat of a tsundere but means well.

I look forward to this visit. See you soon! 😃

See you this weekend. 😀

That was the last of our texts for the day. I closed the book I was reading, and headed out the library to inform this to my great-grandfather and the butlers.

Shortly after, I was having lunch with Noble Michel while the butlers were on standby. Noble Michel gave me a smile. "I see. Your cousin has invited you to stay at Oriens Kingdom for a week this upcoming Saturday?"

I nodded. "Yes, Grandpa Mike. He even offered to come here to pick me up."

"That's very responsible of him. And does Prince Glenn know this as well?"

"He said he will inform him about it, so I assume he knows I'm coming."

"I'm excited that you will be visiting your first kingdom, and who would've thought it would be in your home country. Will you be telling your parents that you'll be in the area?"

"I'm going to tell them about it later today." I looked up at Theo, giving him a smile. "With the week that I'm gone, you can attend your lessons with ease. Who knows, you might get your driver's license when I'm gone."

Theo slightly smiled. "I have practiced for a while now, so I can always give it a shot."

"Do you feel ready to take an actual driving test?" Zain asked Theo.

He nodded in response. "I feel like I'm ready."

"Ho! Ho! What a happy day this is!" Noble Michel responded.

I couldn't help but smile. I appreciated what Theo has done for me so far, so hopefully the time I'll be gone from here, he can accomplish things a little more smoothly.

Saturday came in a blink of an eye. Yu was already here, waiting for me in front of the castle. Noble Michel and the butlers were escorting me outside while Theo was carrying my suitcase.