Chapter 7| Confrontation

It was already almost the weekend. The entire time I've been here, I've been going to the library often to study all about Noble Michel. I also called my parents twice since I've been here to keep them updated. Tomorrow was the party, and I wanted to ask if there were parties here often. I assume yes since there was one a couple weeks ago. I just assume there's a party twice a month or something.

A cup of tea was placed on the desk I was using. I looked up from my book, seeing Theo there. I gave him a smile. "Thank you for the green tea."

"You're welcome. You said this kind is your favorite, so I assume you would want it."

I took a sip of my tea. "Good as always. You're getting better at preparing tea."

Theo gave me a smile. "I'm glad to hear that I'm getting better at it. I'm not at Zain's level yet, but I'll get there eventually."

"I'm confident that you will."

"So... Is reading that kind of thing fun?"

"More like it's interesting to read. Learning about the other side of my lineage is amazing to me."

"You know the old man is going to give you a test for this, right?"

I felt my heart drop, my face dropping also. "I'm getting tested for this?!"

Theo let out a laugh. "I'm just joking with you. There's no test. The old man just wants you to learn for your own sake."

I sighed in relief. "Geez... What a way to scare the crap out of me."

"Sorry. Anyway, for tomorrow's party, I'm going to attempt to pick out a dress for you. Zain did it the last time, and since I'm your butler, that duty falls on me."

"I'm sure you'll pick out a dress that'll suit me."

"I hope so. I never had to do that before. I never had to pick things out for a girl in general."

"You never had a girlfriend before?"

Theo shook his head. "I've never gone on a date or been in a relationship before."

"Wow, that's really shocking. I would've thought you had a girlfriend before."

"Why is it shocking to you?"

"Because, well... You're pretty good looking."

Theo softly blushed. "Thanks, I guess. Before coming to this place, I never had an opportunity to do much. I didn't have time for things like that, so..."

Now I felt like I stepped over a line and felt bad. He might've been through something that occupied his time, and I inconsiderately asked something like that. "I'm sorry."

"No need to apologize. I can ask you the same thing. Have you ever been with anyone?"

"I had a couple boyfriends back in high school, but they were both pretty crappy and treated me bad. I would rather not get into too much detail about it right now. That's a different story saved for another day."

"Oh... Sorry I asked."

"No, it's fine. You and I can talk about anything, you know? Even though we're mistress and butler, we're also friends and hope that we can be good friends."

"I feel the same." Theo responded. "Anyway, I have a lesson to attend to. I've been learning how to drive so that I could eventually become your chauffeur as well."

"Oh ok. I'll be here for a little while longer, and I wish you the best of luck."

"Thanks, same to you. I'll be taking my leave now." Theo bowed to me before walking away. I looked down at the book I was reading, continuing to study. We're both doing the best we can, so I can't afford to slack off.