Chapter 14| From Commoner to Lady

(A/N: This chapter contains sensitive topics.)

For some reason, I was back in high school. The scenery wasn't vivid, a lot of parts were blurry. I was seeing myself in 3rd person which was trippy. I was watching myself getting stomped by a group of girls, seeing my skin turning red.

I started hearing the most negative things. Bitch, ugly whore, stupid slut. It kept repeating and echoing neverendlessly.

The couple of guys I dated in high school were there too. "I only used you to get back at my ex. I never cared about you at all."

"You really thought I liked you? No one will ever like or even love someone like you. You're worthless."

I saw people stealing my food when I was starving. I wanted to eat... I was so hungry... But I kept hearing the same things over and over. Skinny bitch, you don't need to eat. Everyone knows you hate eating, so why eat at all? Starve to death!

It felt like it was getting harder and harder to breathe. I couldn't take any more of this suffering. It felt like I was drowning in water, unable to swim up to the surface. My lungs were giving out, I kept falling and falling into the dark abyss.

   Hey... Hey..! Wake up!

   I shot my eyes open and rose up, finding myself in my room in Noble Michel castle. I saw Theo looking at me with a concerned expression. "Were you having a bad dream?"

   Slowly but surely, it was getting easier to breathe again. I felt my eyes and cheeks were wet. I must have been crying in my sleep. I haven't had those kinds of dreams about the past in so long that I almost forgot how painful it was.

   Theo sat on my bed, getting out a handkerchief while wiping my tears away. "You're still crying even now."

   No matter how hard I tried, the tears wouldn't stop. This is so embarrassing... "I'm sorry..."

   "You don't need to apologize. Whatever you were dreaming about, it's long gone. It's ok now."

   He was right. The painful past was long gone. I no longer had to deal with it. I lowered my eyes, still affected by the words that were said to me back then. "Theo, am I worthless?"

   Surprised by that question, he shook his head. "You're not worthless. What makes you think that?"

   "The truth is... I was having a dream about what all happened in my past. It's like everything bad combined itself together, and it was just all too much."

   "So that's it." It seemed like he understood the situation better now. "Whatever happened to you back then, it will no longer affect you anymore. You're in a better place now, so..."

   I was wiping my tears with my hands. "I know. I'm sorry that you have to deal with this first thing in the morning."

   "It's fine."

   "Can I... Ask you to do a strange favor?"

   "What is it?"

   "Usually when this happens to me, my parents would hug me, so... Could I get a hug?"

   A blush appeared on his face, but he nodded anyway. "If it'll make you feel better." Getting his permission, I basically threw my arms around him. Theo was surprised about that, and eventually hugged me back. He started petting my hair which felt really soothing. "It's alright now, so there's no need to cry anymore."

   I hugged him a little tighter. "I'm trying. Thank you for letting me do this. If you don't mind, could we stay like this for a while until I feel better?"