Chapter 6| Moving In

The next morning, Zain was packing the last of the things into the car trunk. My parents were outside with me, seeing me off as I was about to begin my new life.

"Well, this is it. I wish you the best of luck out there, sweetheart." My dad said. "Keep me updated when you can, alright?"

I nodded. "Of course I will."

"You always have a room to come home to when you visit. No matter what, your room will always be your room." My mom mentioned.

I smiled. "Thank you, mom. I'll do my best to visit when I can, and to keep you updated as well."

Zain bowed to my parents. "Thank you for letting me sleep here for the night, and for providing dinner and breakfast."

My mom smiled brightly. "Don't mention it! Please take care of my daughter when she's over there."

"Of course, madam."

"I'll let my grandfather know when my wife and I decide to visit Noble Michel." My dad mentioned.

"That sounds delightful, Sir Frederick."

I hugged my parents goodbye. "I'll miss you both. Take care."

My mom was teary eyed. "Take care, Kendall. I'm so happy for you."

My dad was trying not to cry. "I can't wait to hear what you'll accomplish while living over there."

I smiled at my parents, burning this image in my memory. Zain opened the car door for me, getting in afterwards. Shortly after, he went into the driver's seat, turning the engine on. My parents watched as the car was starting to drive away, feeling emotional that their daughter was now an independent adult, starting her life elsewhere.

About two and a half hours later, we finally arrived in front of Noble Michel castle. Zain opened the door for me and I stepped out. Soon after, he was unloading my things from the trunk.

I went over to him. "I can carry some things."

"It's alright, Lady Kendall. I can take care of it."

"I can at least carry my backpack and hold my suitcase. I really don't mind."

"Are you certain?"

"Yes, I'm positively certain."

"Very well." Zain handed me my backpack and my suitcase. He got the rest of my things which weren't that much at all. It was only two decent sized boxes.

We were walking up the stairs towards the entry, now walking among the ancient halls of Noble Michel castle. Not too far from us, it seemed like Theo was waiting for us. "So you decided to actually live here."

I nodded. "Yup! I'm excited to learn about a lot of new things."

"Lady Kendall, do you mind if you give Theo your things? We'll be putting them in the room you'll be staying in." Zain mentioned.

"Oh, sure." I handed my suitcase and backpack to Theo.

"You can go ahead and greet the old man." Theo mentioned. "He's just up ahead. We'll both come down once we're done here."

"Do not address Lord Noble in that manner." Zain scolded. "You will always refer to him as Lord Noble or Noble Michel. Do you understand?"

"Yeah, yeah I get it." I watched Theo and Zain walk away with my things. I slightly laughed through my nose as I made my way towards the grand hall where my great-grandfather was at.

I walked into the grand hall where parties were usually held in. I saw Noble Michel sitting at one of the tables, greeting me with a smile. "Well good morning, my dear. How are you feeling?"