Chapter 15| Family

It's been a minute since it was announced to the world that I'm Noble Michel's great-granddaughter. It seems like they found out some things about me as well. In the news, they mentioned what high school I graduated from, knowing that I was raised as a normal civilian in Oriens. Even the times that I visited all six kingdoms and what I did there. There's even a headline for it: Lady Kendall of Noble Michel, possible marriage to one of the princes of the Six Nations?!

   I just snorted at that. They really love twisting things. It's a good thing they don't know who my parents are, and even if they did, they're not legally allowed to harass my parents without getting into trouble.

   In the meantime, I was in my room playing Animal Crossing. Ray was laying his head on my lap while laying his body on my bed. He's pretty much full grown at this point. My baby's all grown up. I made my character go up to the villager that inspired Ray's name since I have him on my island. "Look Ray, it's you."

   When I mentioned his name, he perked his head up and looked at my screen. He only looked interested for a second before laying back down. I mean, hey... At least it perked his interest for a second. Most cats wouldn't bat an eye, and won't give two hoots.

   I heard a knock on my door. "Come in."

   The door opened, and it was Theo pushing in a food cart. "I have your breakfast." When he got closer, Ray got off my lap and went over to him. He looked at Theo with his adorable pleading eyes. "I know, I know. You smell your food. Here." He placed Ray's food down, Ray instantly jumped off the couch and started chowing down.

   I giggled. "He's easy to please."

   "He's a cat. They enjoy the simplest things in life."

   "I wish I was a cat sometimes. No responsibility, and take naps all day. That's the life right there."

   Theo looked at my TV screen. "Playing your game, I see."

   I nodded. "Yeah, since I have time right now."

   "I do have a message from the old man."

   "What is it?"

   "There's a party being held here this weekend. He even invited your parents to come to this one."

   I perked up. "My parents are coming here this weekend?"

   Theo nodded. "The princes will also be there around the same time, since they have an assembly that day as well."

   Oh god... My mom is going to have a major freak out when she sees the princes. I can also see her dotting on Yu and Glenn since it's been a long time since she last saw them. I just know how my mom is. "And it looks like you'll be meeting my parents as well. You kind of met my dad already, so that just leaves my mom."

   "What's your mom like?"

   "Well... She cares so much, like sooo much. She's really sweet, but she can be a little too dotting. She's the number one person that can embarrass me since she- Oh god, she might bring my baby picture book to show my great-grandfather."

   "So you have that type of mom. Hey, it's better than any other mom I've ever heard. I'm not sure how it's like since I never got to meet my mom."

   I lowered my eyes. "Grandpa Mike filled me in a little about you. Do you mind if I share what I know so far?"

   "Sure."

   "He mentioned your mom passed away when you were really young, and your dad was the butler before Zain, and he passed away when you were 15."