Chapter 2: Otherworldly passerby

"What..."

Passerby is man wearing a everyday office worker suit, nothing unnatural expect he has an head of a fish.

'Nah, I am still asleep.' Nagisa tells himself humorously while keeping small smile and pinches himself as a joke. He feels the pain.

Panic raises, but he continues. 'It's just a costume and a good one at that. Probably a Halloween costume, but it's spring.... Oh well then is just going to costume party. Darn, he almost got me :P'

Fish man's eyes lock with Nagisas and his fish eyes blink.

".........................."

'No! no no no nope! Don't drop your poker face. Just think him as normal person, not as a man with a fish face.' Nagisa tells to himself while trying desperately not show outer signs of his internal conflicts.

Nagisa barely manages keep his face neutral as sweat drips down his back.

Two continue walking towards steadily and from Nagisa's point of view it's like time has slowed down. He tries to read man's brain waves, but Nagisa doesn't notice anything out of ordinary so he just continues walking.

He was becoming uncomfortable aware of his own heartbeat and breathing, but still the poker face keeps.

"Can I help you? I mean you just looked like you wanted to ask something." Fish man says with normal human voice. 

Nagisa froze for moment, but luckily fish man doesn't notice.

"Yes please, if it isn't too much of problem. Oo-You see I got lost and I am not sure where I am, so I would be thankful, if you can help me." Nagisa says just as naturally as talking to normal human. He makes hidden victory fist behind his back.

"Of course, but don't you have phone?"

"Ah. I ran out of battery. You see I am trying to get to the closest mall and I ran out of battery, so you know."

"Yeah happens to the best of us. I can tell you, but I am walking to the same direction so you can join me."

"Of course, thank you." 'huh! I repeated the same thing once, but otherwise good going Nagisa'

'He also seems pretty helpful. Peoples say you shouldn't judge by looks, but please cut me some slack. '

'But what is going on? That's a real head, what is happening? Was I drugged and left middle of forest? No that doesn't make sense, because nothing was stolen. Was it done as a prank?"

"So why you aren't at school, miss?" Fish man asks suddenly cutting Nagisa's train of thoughts.

"Just call me Nagisa and I am a boy. I was visiting my mother's friend while I was here and they picked me up from train station so I don't really know my way around here."

"Sorry for mistaking your gender, Nagisa, and I understand. Walk should take just over five minutes."

"None taken and thanks!" 'Huh! I almost celebrate early I need to be more careful' If Nagisa would have heard comment about his gender last year before the assassination classroom he might have been felt insulted, But now he had heard the same comment as a joke and as a insult so many times he couldn't really care.

But just as situation was changing for better it came crashing down.

'Why is there more of them!' Nagisa thought as more humanoids started to pass by as they were getting closer to the mall. Humanoids didn't look as, well, fishy as the fish man, but that wasn't much of a consolation for Nagisa.

Humanoids varied from humans with supernatural hair colors like blue to literal furries. It was harder to see pure human, than someone who had some strange physical feature.

'I have really gotten lost.' Nagisa grumbles internally and continues walking with fish man, as same time trying to keep himself together. 

Finally after awkward walk they arrive to the mall and it is disappointingly normal.

"And we are here. Can you found rest way yourself?

"Ah. yes, thank you. I will go find a charger." And they say good bye and fish man continues onward as Nagisa stands still while a small grin creeps to his face.

'ACHIEVEMENT UNLOCKED: SILVER TONGUE. That was some smooth lying, good job me. I feel little bad for using him, but can't do anything about that.' Nagisa thinks to himself.

He walks couple minutes around the mall aimlessly as he is starting to panic little by little.

'No, I can't panic now or I won't get anywhere.' He thinks while walking to store, because he needs something to eat. 

Annoyingly everything seems to be more expensive for no apparent reason so Nagisa just picks up some basic bread and a new water bottle for the empty one.

He goes to checkout and notices newspaper from the corner of the eye, but looks back to cashier.

'There was something wrong.' Nagisa's intuition screams and he looks back now noticing the problem. He instantly takes one and buys it with the rest. Immediately after picking products to his backpack he goes back outside and starts looking for place without peoples.

He finds small park without peoples and takes the newspaper out hoping he read it wrong.

"UA's new heroes! Graduates of 2224 and their plans for the better tomorrow!"

"......................."

"No"

"I feel like I am really far from home."

"But how I am even here! This can't be real!" Nagisa says angrily aloud, but his mind says. 

'It is real.'

Nagisa's poker face crumbles down and the reality of situation starts to show itself.

Nagisa looks up to the sky and suddenly sees the moon.

The full moon.

______________________________________________________________

Thanks for reading and feel free to comment.