Remedies---9

Logan walked up to the cafe with his hands in his pockets. He breathed in and out as steadily as he could, but he could barely contain his excitement.

The cafe was a small building off the side of the road that was so new that people were still painting the walls on the outside. The sign above read "Remy's Remedies; The best coffee in town." Remy was Virgil's brother, and having trained his whole life to be a barista, he was definitely getting lots of customers. It was unknown to Logan why Remy loved coffee so much, but he supposed it was a long story that he didn't need to hear.

There was a green copper bench outside the front door with the paint chipping off. Logan couldn't help but smile as he realized Patton was sitting on it.

Patton was wearing a white shirt and a jean jacket, as well as a grey skirt and white knee-high socks. His blue sneakers tapped anxiously on the ground.

Logan walked up to him and smirked. "Hey Pat."

"Logie! What took you so long?" Patton stood up and hugged him excitedly.

"I'm 5 minutes early! How long have you been waiting?"

"Not important!" Patton pulled away, beaming.

Logan chuckled. "Ok? How are you feeling?"

Patton rolled his eyes but smiled. "I'm good. You sound like your brother sometimes."

Logan raised an eyebrow. "Have you met my brother?"

Patton giggled and explained.

After careful consideration, Patton had decided to go see a therapist earlier that day. He didn't know how it worked, so he showed up without an appointment. Luckily, Emile, (Logan's brother) was on shift that day with no clients, so as soon as he saw Logan's jacket draped over Patton's shoulders, he let him in and they talked for a bit.

"He's really nice. He also asked me to tell Remy he said hi."

Logan laughed. "Of course he did. You just wait and see Remy's reaction."

Before they walked into the restaurant, Patton said quickly, "You look stunning by the way."

Logan felt his cheeks heat up and decided to counter with "You're one to talk."

Patton made a noise that was half offended, half impressed.

They stepped into the cafe, the bell above the door ringing out. The man at the counter was scrolling though his phone, sipping a mocha out of the corner of his mouth. His sunglasses shrouded his eyes.

Patton skipped up to the front counter and beamed. "Hi!"

The man looked up. "Aren't you energetic?" He looked back behind Patton and saw Logan walking up more slowly. "Nerd, is that you? Did you actually manage to find a boyfriend?" He looked down at Patton. "He's like a tinier, more insufferable Emile."

Logan cocked his head to the side sarcastically. "I never noticed. Hey, Remy."

"Hey babes. What's your name," Remy asked Patton.

"I'm Patton!" Pat grinned.

Remy chuckled. "Alright, I'm Remy. I am Virgil's brother, Emy's friend, and your barista for today. It's on the house for getting Virgil through his attacks at school, B-T-dubbs." 

Patton nodded and then said, "Speaking of Emile, he told me to tell you hi!"

Remy only gave a small smile, but Logan could tell that his eyes lit up behind his sunglasses. "Oh, did he? Well, you'll just have to tell him hi back."