Miracle--- 17

:) Here it is! I didn't die, surprise!

TW: Ferris wheel. (idk if it is a trigger, but some people find it scary.)

Patton's POV:

Patton looked out at the happy crowd.

They had enjoyed the last couple of songs, and seemed to be eager for the last one. Patton looked over the chords in the yellowish light once again. This had to be perfect. F major, C major, D minor, F minor.

He repeated the chords in his head as he caught Logan's eye. Logan beamed at him softly and Patton couldn't help but smile back.

The sky was already dark. Remus had come to the concert at some point, apparently he had been off getting a sugar rush. The fairy lights shone even brighter, and the people sitting down seemed genuinely happy with the music. In fact, some were even singing along. Patton ran a hand through his curly light hair and examined his guitar. It still looked as amazing as ever.

"Last song, guys. This is the new one," He told everyone.

The crowd murmured happily and Patton took another deep breath.

"Did it hurt when you fell?

Came from heaven,

Went through hell.

Now it's already done,

Flown too close, 

You've hit the sun.

Lie lie lie lie lie lie lie...

Cry cry cry cry cry cry cry.

My shoulder.."

Patton looked up from his guitar for a moment at Logan. Logan was smiling sadly with sparkling burnt umber eyes that Patton could only describe as angelic.

"A miracle.

The purest thing to ever fall,

A miracle.

Don't say a word, no not at all.

lie lie lie lie lie lie lie...

Cry cry cry cry cry cry cry."

The song continued and Patton kept his eyes on Logan. Janus's drums softened a little bit and the guitar played more in the second verse.

"If your wings betray,

Fly you off and

far away

I would never know

I already

Thought you'd go.

Lie lie lie lie lie lie lie,

Cry cry cry cry cry cry cry.

My shoulder..."

"A miracle,

The purest thing to ever fall

A miracle,

Don't say a word no, not at all.

A miracle,

The purest thing to ever fall

A miracle,

Don't say a word, no, not at all."

Patton finished the last lyric with a flourish, going through the chord sequence one more time before the song ended. The crowd erupted into applause and Logan grinned from the front row.