Dinner---14

Logan didn't like eating.

He didn't have a disorder or anything, that wasn't the problem. He just was just naturally not hungry. He found that eating too much wasted time. He ate what he needed to when he needed to, and he didn't see the point in snacks or big dinners unless you are malnourished. He thought it was a waste of time that could be spent studying, or literally anything else.

But tonight Logan had to set those worries aside because his mom got off of work for the first time in months, and he was not missing the chance to introduce her to Patton's parents.

It was Saturday, a couple of days after Logan told Patton about his father. Logan and Patton were inseparable by now.

It was now 5:47. Logan, Emile, and Cassandra needed to get there at 6. Cassandra changed into something slightly casual, but still formal because she enjoyed it, much like Logan did.

Logan would never admit it, but he loved how similar he was to his mother. It made it easier for him to relate himself with Emile and Cassandra. And easier to not think about other things.

He undid and redid his polo buttons again in the mirror. He was feeling anxious. He realized that the short night his mother was given off of work would be spent with other people. He missed spending time with her, like when he was little and they would watch Disney and have debates over whether butterflies had feathers or scales. Logan would never have that time back.

He felt a hand on his shoulder and looked over to see Emile. "You okay, Lo?"

Logan nodded, warding off his thoughts. Now was not the time for this. "I'm great. Let's go find mom."

They walked downstairs together. Cassandra was at the bottom of the stairs in a white blouse, navy shawl and khakis. Her mocha brown hair was done up in a bun and she had scarce make-up on. She really was naturally pretty.

She rushed over to me as soon as I came down the steps and adjusted the collar of my shirt. "Lolo, you look wonderful."

Logan beamed at the nickname his mother had for him. "Thank you."

Emile put a hand on his chest as though offended. "What about me?"

Mother chuckled and adjusted the rim of Emile's shirt. He was wearing a plaid button-down and brown pants. "You look wonderful as well, Emmy. I'll have to meet your new boyfriend soon, as well."

Emile blushed ferociously. "We went on one date!"

Logan and Cassandra laughed and the three of them got into her car.

In case you were wondering, Patton gives the strongest and most bone-crushing hugs in town to everyone. And Logan's mother was no exception.

When Logan's family pulled up to Patton's house, Patton was waiting on the doorstep like he always is. The moment he saw Cassandra, he rushed over and hugged her like he might not be able to again. 

When Logan's mother was able to breathe again, she laughed. "You must be Patton."

Patton beamed at her. "Right! And you must be Logan's... younger sister?" He tried.

Cassandra put a hand to her chest and made a little happy sound. "You are adorable. But we both know I'm his mother," She replied sweetly.

Patton nodded and hugged Emile as well. "Come in!"

The four of them made their way into Patton's house. Logan vaguely remembered bringing Patton home when he was drunk- the memory was brought on by the sight of the front of the house.