Candyfloss---16

This is from Patton's POV:

Patton loves summer more than anything.

Not more than Logan, but more than anything else.

The sun is warm and bright, the flowers are blooming, the trees are rustling, and this year, the carnival is in town.

This is the first carnival Patton has ever been to. His old town was rather small and didn't have anything like this; Summer had always been fun, but not as much as it was now. Everything was just so AMAZING.

The smell of corn dogs and cotton candy in the air, the sound of children laughing and music playing, the bright lights in every direction that threatened to outshine the sun.

Patton did a little twirl as he walked down the pavement to find the outdoor stage. He was wearing a white t-shirt and Logan's light blue jacket over-top with jean shorts, his frizzy hair laying in messy curls over his forehead. Janus was walking beside him, wearing a black tank top, jeans, and a yellow jacket tied around his waist. He was a lot more calm since he had been born and raised here, and had been going to this carnival his whole life. His wispy blonde undercut was hidden under a baseball cap. Remus was on Janus's other side, skipping along happily in a white shirt with green short sleeves, a green skirt, and tennis shoes.

Some passing people stared at Janus because of his vitiligo but it wasn't mean staring, just the sort of noticing and sometimes pitying stares you would expect from a pretty much accepting town in southwest america. In fact, some people even found it attractive. One group of teenage girls broke into adoring whispers when he walked past, and he winked at them just for fun. They exploded into giggles and squeals.

Janus seemed to enjoy flirting with anyone who swooned at him no matter who it was, but he was never romantically interested in any girls. Remus didn't care when he did it, but Janus didn't ever do it with guys when Remus was around. It wasn't because Janus was afraid Remus would think he was unfaithful, it was because he was too occupied being love-struck by Remus to care when a cute guy swooned at him.

Patton giggled at Janus's antics and Remus slung an arm around Janus's shoulder. "Babe, was cotton candy named after your band?"

Janus snickered and joked, "No, Starlight, cotton candy was named like that because the person who invented it had the name 'Cotton.'"

Remus gasped. "Really?"

Janus burst into laughter. "Of course not. It's named cotton because it's fluffy. Jeez, Starlight, you're adorable."

"Stop making fun of me! And stop calling me Starlight!"

Janus looked down at him. "Oh really? Or what?"

Remus grinned. "Or I'll give YOU a belittling, adorable couple nickname!"

"I'd like to see you try to-"

"DANDELION!"

Janus blinked a few times, surprised. "What?"

Remus stuck his tongue out. "Dandelion! Because you look good in yellow!"

Janus had no expression for a little bit, and then his lips curled into the biggest smile ever. "I love you so fucking much."

Remus wrapped his arms around Janus's shoulders, satisfied. "I love you more, Dandelion."

Patton made a little "Aww," noise while the couple kept up the loving bickering. They really were too cute.

(don't judge me, I headcanon sappy demus, jeez-)

"I have to go meet up with Logie by the stage, you two gays have fun!" Patton called, slowly walking away. "But not too much fun," He added knowingly.