Regrets

Arthur sat on the edge of his bed and looked at himself in the wall mirror across from him. The face looking back at him was familiar, emerald green eyes, bushy eyebrows, pale skin, shabby blond hair, but he didn't feel like himself. He had been so terrible to America. Francis had been making him go to therapy sessions and it was concluded that he had a drinking problem and severe anger issues. He looked down at his hands and saw blood that wasn't there. He felt his skin crawl and his breath tremble as he took a shaky breath and rose to his feet. 'Bloody hell I want a drink...' he thought rubbing his temples he felt his eyes burn. He walked slowly out of his shared bedroom trying his best to not wake his lover, and slowly made his way downstairs. "Tea, tea will calm me down."He mumbled to himself as he put the kettle on the stove. He glanced at the phone and decided to calm the only person he knew would be up. He slowly dialled the number letting the rings come out slowly, echoing through his sleeping home. He was lucky Francis was such a heavy sleeper. "Shalom, this is England correct?" Israel answered her voice exactly the same as it had been for centuries, calm, collected, strategic, silky smooth, but sharp as though she was planning something. Israel barely slept, and could keep a secret, that's all he needed. He glanced at the clock in his kitchen noting it was 3 am in England, meaning it would be around 5 am in Israel. "Good morning Israel..are you free to just talk.. I want to talk to someone else who won't judge me." His voice was hushed barely auditable. "Sure, just filling out paperwork, but can't you talk to the baguette? Also I thought you said, 'Israel my citizens feel mixed about you, some of them think your a bloody terrorise country.' " he could hear the scowl in her voice. "Please.. I just.." he sighed. "Ok.. I'm sorry let's not talk as countries.. please just call me talia it will make this easier." The Israeli replied. "Well I-I abused... I-I-I hurt America a lot... a-and then I cheated on him... w-with France he found out he was pregnant—... I switched the dna of the children to Russia's..." he had to pause to breath. He excepted Talia to yell at him seeing as America was her closest friend but she never did, instead she let out a airy laugh. "You were drinking weren't you?" She scoffed. "Y-yes.. Francis is making me go to rehab.. and therapy for my anger issues.." he sniffed. "Then you weren't thinking straight! It doesn't excuse your actions, but aren't you and Ame much happier now? Aren't you two getting better?" Talia asked. "Y-yeah we are.." he replied. "Then move on with your life, come to terms with the fact you were a asshole because you were unhappy. Don't beat yourself up over something you can't change. Apologise to Ame-senpai, go to rehab, get help for your anger issues and make sure it doesn't happen with Mr. Baguette." She sighed. "Listen... Things happen... I-I have some moments I wish I could change... moments I stay up at night thinking about.. wishing I could change them but the truth is you can't. No matter how much you fuck up, pick yourself up. No ex owner / kinda ally of mine will let themselves fall like that." Israel scoffed and Arthur smiled. "Thank you.. Talia..." he whispered. "Anytime Arthur." She replied hanging up. He smiled to himself before smelling smoke. 'Oh the kettle!'

~Russia~ 6 am
Ivan woke and stretched leaning over to cuddle his little American and peck him on the cheek as he did each morning however the blond was missing from there king sized bed. He brought himself to his feet pulling on a shirt, pants and his signature scarf not bothering to fix his hair. He went to the kitchen to find Alfred sitting down at the table in their kitchen eating a bagel and smiling to himself. "You're up early today Fredka." Ivan said with a smile, pecking Alfred on the cheek. "Mmmm just thinking..." Alfred mumbled still smiling as he looked down at his stomach, and then up at Ivan. "Any regrets?" Ivan joked. "None."