Chapter 18: Master Decco

AUTHOR'S NOTE: READER DISCRETION ADVISED FOR MATURE CONTENT.

CHAPTER 18 - "MASTER DECCO"

Wilhelm Lazarus and his son strode down a long lighted corridor and then down a flight of circular stairs to what Decco was now calling his lair. It was in the basement of the Von Strauss Manor. Spencer Von Strauss still held possession of his manor legally, now that both his brother and father were dead, but it was more or less belonged to Decco now, because Decco owned Spencer. Spencer didn't have a problem with that, seeing that Decco had issued him a new lease on life, so he willfully gave everything he had to his Master.

But Lazarus was slightly more reserve. Decco had given him back his son, but it had been at a high cost. Now both Johnny and he were servants to this demon. But when Decco had made the offer to resurrect his son with no ill-effects of what Sebastian Michaelis had done to Johnny during that fateful evening with the Inner Circle, he jumped at the chance when the Dead Sea scrolls failed to work. Lazarus had said whatever the cost, and the cost was his very life.

But he wasn't a blind-follower. He had his own compunctions and facilities about him, but now he was at the mercy of a powerful demon who could end his life with a snap of a finger if he didn't absolutely obey him. And to keep his son alive, he was willing to obey Decco. Johnny seemed indifferent to the idea of obedience to Decco and took it in stride. Lazarus was a little concerned about this, however, but he let it momentarily pass. Johnny still smiled like Lazarus remembered him had and the boy still looked at him with kind, happy eyes. He was very glad to be alive. And very happy to once again be with his father.

As was Lazarus was have Johnny back.

Lazarus vowed Sebastian Michaelis would pay for murdering his son.

He wished he could locate Bryon Kelvin, the man who he had just recently learned was the child kidnapper of London, and whom had stolen his son away all those years ago. Kelvin was the catalyst in all this, and he wagered was also behind the kidnapping of Lukas Phantomhive as well for which Thann had been investigating as envoy for the Illuminati when red flags began to crop up during an investigation by a too curious Scotland Yard inspector, that Spencer had been feeding information to. Well, that stopped. And Thann was now dead, killed by Spencer. And so was Erich Von Strauss, Spencer's father, who originally issued the investigation into Inspector Frederick Abberline. And Abberline was also missing, escaping into the night with one of Spencer's friends to only God knows where.

Decco could locate Kelvin with his powers. Bryon Kelvin seemed aloof and masked with a power even Decco was powerless against - although the demon would never admit that. But Lazarus could read the expression on the demon's face whenever the location of Bryon Kelvin entered a conversion. The only reason, Lazarus thought, was that Bryon Kelvin may also be protected by his very own demon, or shielded by a magic that could even blind a demon's sight.