Chapter 25: The Curse Of The Damned

CHAPTER 25 - "THE CURSE OF THE DAMNED"

It was remarkable the twists and turns life has for someone, Thann Von Strauss thought. One moment, a person can be on top of the world, and the next, they are dead - killed by a sibling, driven by their inner hate for transgressions done against him, by his own family. He never understood it until now that he was dead, a wandering spirit, just how psychologically damaging words and actions could form the psyche of an individual and then make him snap at a moment's notice when the opportunity arose.

And he had driven his brother mad with hatred towards him for things he had done to Spencer throughout his life. Then he had kidnapped Spencer and took him to that sadistic demon. And now Spencer was just like him, and under the guise of Decco's influence.

But partial fault was on his father, Erich Von Strauss, for demanding retribution on his own son for betraying the Illuminati, by feeding First Inspector Frederick Abberline information that Spencer thought would eventually lead Scotland Yard to bringing the Illuminati down.

But that was only a dream, fancy. Because nothing was more powerful than the Illuminati. They were everywhere, in every city, in city town, on every continent, and most of the time, you wouldn't even know it. They hid in political fronts, social circles, and ran the financial world through the threat and manipulation of others within these circles. You see, knowledge was power, and with some of the most knowledgeable men on the planet within the Illuminati, there was nothing hidden from them.

This is what drove Thann Von Strauss to be their envoy in England, because eventually he thought he would rise to be one of the elite and be a dominate force within their circle of friends. But not any longer. That dream was dead - like him. But as a ghost, he knew he could still make a different. He could turn the tides and rescue his brother, and thus, he escaped from…some sort of spirit processing centre?

He had been in a line with countless other spirits. The "room" was very large, completely white, and looked like a bank with tellers, and he told this was only the "check-in", told to him by a reception area before that. The reception desk was manned by a large individual who had the appearance of a Titan from Greek mythos, or a massive body builder, who continuously strived to strengthen himself like Atlas. While waiting in this line, he heard many different languages being spoken, most of which he couldn't fathom understanding, but some were French, Italian and English, and they were all asked the same question: "How did you die?" When it was his turn, he couldn't bare to speak his embarrassing death, so he merely said, "Blood lose." But from where his blood lose occurred, it wasn't difficult to see the cause.

I literally drowned in my own blood from my brother biting off my penis.

The man merely waved him to another door, to which he then found himself at the back of a very long line of other spirits in a Processing Centre. Was this was death was like or was he dreaming? he thought. There was absolutely no way he was going to wait for what would be like an eternity in this snake of a line.

So he slipped away, out of the Processing Centre. It was, in fact, quite easy and he had no resistance. There were no guards, no enforcement, no watchmen of any kind. And no where did he see that strange man in the black suit and two-tone hair and glasses that had brought him here.

What did he say he was…a Reaper? A supernatural "death being" - go-between the living and dead?

He remembered what he had done when he first realized he was dead. He cried and begged the "man" to restore him back to life, to give him a second chance, so he could make amends for his evil transgressions in life, especially towards his little brother, whom if it wasn't for him, Spencer would not have been seduced by a demon and then became his minion. And Thann was very apologetic. But the man would not relent in his duties, and refused.