Chapter 38: The Christmas Party And Conclusion

CHAPTER 38 - "THE CHRISTMAS PARTY AND CONCLUSION"

"Tell me again, brother, why we are switching costumes?" Lukas said, as he and Ciel changed out of their chosen costumes for the Christmas party ball that Ciel had invited almost all of London to. They were in Ciel's bedchambers.

Ciel originally picked out a dark blue suit with a small hat and a large white bow, but then realized Lizzie had already seen him in it. He said he had worn it during their private costume ball before Lukas had be reunited with Ciel and Ciel didn't want to be dressed the same. He felt that a lady shouldn't see a gentleman in the same costume twice if it could be helped.

Lukas had chosen something similar but in a lighter shade of grey. Lizzie had bought two of the similar styled costumes for Ciel, but Ciel had only worn the dark blue. Lizzie had not seen him in the light grey one. Both had companying masks and small, amusing hats, but the hats weren't necessary today with the masks. However flamboyant, the masks disguised their true identities. And apart from the different colored costumes, they looked like twins through-and-through.

Most of the guesses wore masks. It was a costume ball, after all.

"A proper gentleman never wears the same costume twice in the presence of a lady," Ciel said, emphasizing his reason for changing. "And she has already seen me in this, despite Elizabeth buying it for me."

"But I would've thought you'd want to wear something she bought for you?" Lukas said, now dressing in the dark blue costume. He buttoned up the breast vest.

"Please, don't argue with me, Lukas. This is not the time. And we are pressed. Just - "

THUMP!

Something hit the door to Ciel's bedchambers and rather forcefully. They had closed the door because of their change. They looked at the door.

"What was that?" Lukas said.

"Owww..." came a low, hurtful voice. Then the door handle turned and Renny walked in, rubbing his forehead. "I need to remember to open doors now, I can't walk through them anymore." The sound of the party guests conversing and music resounded from the hallway coming from downstairs filled the room.

Lukas snickered. Now that Renny was human, there were a lot of things he'd have to get used to again.

The boys continued dressing.

"Cousin Ciel, some guests request an audience with you in the Study," Renny said. "That is why I am here. Sebastian has told me to tell you." He was dressed in a white, angelic suit, similar to Ciel and Lukas, that Sebastian had quickly wiped up with his own special preparation methods that seemed fitting to his Renny's appearance. "Sebastian has already escorted them there."

"Why now?" Ciel said annoyed. "And who are they? I will not talk business today."

Renny shrugged. "I am unsure. But from what Sebastian told me, he was adamant for me to come get you."

"I will not be fetched like some dog," Ciel said. He fumbled with the large bow of his costume. Lukas helped him straighten it.

"Woof!" Lukas then said with a crooked smile.

Ciel eyed him, knowing that was a knock on him being the Queen's loyal guard dog. "Not funny."