Chapter 35: Bringing Things Back To Normal

CHAPTER 35 - "BRINGING THINGS BACK TO NORMAL"

"Johnny Lazarus? But you're suppose to be dead?!" Inspector Abberline reiterated with an equal aghast of shock of his first utterance. "It was in all the newspapers - your father announced your death three years ago! He said he found your body in a ditch and blamed the 'Child Kidnapper of London'."

"It is safe to say, Inspector, that this is not the case any longer," Sebastian said obviously.

"A lie to hide the real truth." Johnny eyed Ciel. "Isn't that right, Ciel Phantomhive?"

Ciel frowned in a narrowed look of remebrance. "You were one of the other children in the amphitheatre," he admitted, "set to be sacrificed like me by the Inner Circle."

"But you demon butler saved them the privilege, isn't that right? He slaughtered the Inner Circle members and the remaining children on your order. You made a covenant with the demon, but you needed to be completely quiet about it, so you left no witnesses."

"Shut-up!"

"Does the truth hurt, Ciel Phantomhive? You ordered my and dozens of other children to slaughter, all so you could escape uncontested and quieted, so later you could evoke a revenge on others associated with your parent's murder."

"I said, shut-up!"

Lukas's face was aghast with disbelief and shock. "Brother, tell me what he's saying isn't true?"

Ciel's face turned cold. "Things had to be done. Plans made. Sacrifices given. Sebastian devoured all but a few of their souls, but killed the rest. He said he would not be greedy. Once I was well enough, we then set upon to give rebirth to the Phantomhive name and I vowed to kill all those who did me wrong with Sebastian's help. Back then, I thought there were only a few to kill. Now, I learn there are so many more to hunt and punish."

"You're a monster!" Lukas said disheartened. "All those innocent children slaughtered on your say. Our parents must be crying. I have no sympathy for you anymore!"

"I don't need or want your sympathy, Lukas. Revenge is all that I want!"

Johnny Lazarus seemed to smile at the discord he was creating.

"Enough!" Sebastian demanded. Ciel and Lukas looked at him like a father scolding his children. Sebastian then pointed an accusatory finger at Johnny Lazarus. "You will stop spewing discord and you will tell your master, that if he wants to settle our score, then he will have to come here and fight me. Otherwise, you can tell him he is a coward. And you are but a hollow shell with his energy inside you boy."

"Oh, but I am so much more. The soul of Johnny Lazarus is gone, but his body still has its uses, and my father, Decco, is a very intelligent demon. Why stroll into an hornet's nest to be stung if you can smoke your enemy out by the rot and ruin of that of their past? I am merely telling the truth."

"The whole story is much less dramatic," Sebastian replied. "You tell the story as you think you saw it."

"I was there, or rather Johnny Lazarus was, and I have all his memories. His soul has passed on, but his brain, his body - everything still remains. Wilhelm Lazarus preserved his son's body very well. He studied the ancient Egyptian culture and learned how to mummify a person's body so it would not decay. So in state, in a secret room beneath his manor, the body of Johnny lain on an alter, perfectly preserved. Wilhelm thought he could resurrect his son with a few choice words from scrolls be found in a cave, but he was wrong, so he offered himself to Decco in payment for his son to rise again. Decco repaired the slaughtered body of Johnny and gave me life with his own dark energy. I am a part of Decco, but I am also my own person with thoughts and feelings of my own accord. And I asked to come to face you here. My mission is to disorientate your group for my father's coming, but I never expected you, Sebastian, to awaken this early."