Prologue

Curses and furious arguments greets Vrylle's delicate ears the moment she waked up. Subconsciously rolling her eyes, the teenage girl quickly tidied her bed as she got up and hurriedly took a shower and changed into her school uniform.

Every single morning, her Mom and Dad's voice acted as her freaking alarm clock.

'This family is the worst, seriously.'

There really was no good things around Vrylle. For example, first, her Mom whom was a prostitute doesn't care even a bit about her family.

Secondly, her Dad whom was a gambler and drunkard only knew was to waste money.

And thirdly, about her only sibling, which was an older brother, was a complete asshole who was using and dealing with drugs.

To top it all off, they lived in an infamous place, Swellgoon Street, a lawless hellhole where crime being a daily event.

The only silver lining Vrylle could take hold was the fact that she remained 'normal' despite all the dirt that were surrounding her. That also was the reason that made her eager to leave her family, this place, and live on her own since it all thanks to her perseverance, for taking part-time jobs which the school permitted her, and the scholarship, that kept her from moving forward.

As an additional to the drama of her life, her 'beloved' parents didn't give or provided her anything since fifth grade.

Vrylle's Mom was once told her to stop attending school, and she should just come with her to the club instead. She shamelessly promised her to teach her everything she needs to know to earn plenty of money with the use of her beauty and body.

At that point in time, Vrylle was roughly awakened how crazy her mother was, pushing her into a wrong path.

And her father? He was a bad news, too, because rather than giving her even just a single penny, that bastard of a father stealing from her allowance instead that was included in her scholarship.

Everything was a complete mess.

"The old man got your money again, does he?" Her brother, Steve, spoke up, suddenly sneaking at her side.

"Obviously. Haa. I hate this family."

Without taking the so-called breakfast, Vrylle hang the backpack on her shoulder and left the house without saying anything to her parents. But her brother, who was trailing behind her, got Vrylle annoyed, so she spun around with her arms crossed.

"What? Why are you even following me for?"

"I just want to make sure you'll safely get yourself a trustworthy vehicle to commute with."

Vrylle groaned at Steve and rolled her eyes, feeling really annoyed and disgusting with him acting this way again.

"I am not a kid, you know. So please, stop following me already."

She did not wait for Steve's response and started walking again, faster. But as she heard quick footsteps still following behind her, Vrylle grunted and had left no choice but confront him again with both fist tightly clenched on her sides.

"The hell is wrong with you?! I said stop following me already! You're creeping me out!"

"I told you, I just wanted you safe! I can't keep calm unless I saw the girl I love safely got to her school! And you knew every well what kind of place this is!"

"Kuya, please, break away to that fantasy of yours! We were siblings and having a romantic feeling for me was... UGH! Whatever! I've been telling you this so many times! Just... just leave me alone, will you? You're really creeping me out. Excuse me."