Gamora's Head

A few months went by since Peter asked her to be his girlfriend and they were so cute together. A few hours later they got something to eat. While Peter was piloting the Milano, Gamora just looked at him, not even realizing she was. Something wasn't right. Gamora had a sudden sharp pain in her head and heard a voice. "He's not the one for you little one." She recognized that voice anywhere. It was Thanos. It left her mind. After a few minutes, she started to forget about it until it happened again. The sharp pain had returned, along with the voice. "Gamora, leave him." She heard. She tried ignoring the voice. How was Thanos doing this? She felt it again. The pain was more severe and it was hard to bare. "GAMORA! If you don't leave him when you get home, you will never see him again!" The pain and the voice went away. She looked over at Peter. She had only been dating him for a few hours now. She didn't know what Thanos meant by she'll never see him again, but she didn't want to risk it.

When they were eating, Gamora couldn't stop thinking about what she would have to do. It was going to shatter Peter and she knew that. He had lost so much. She knew she had to do it. He intense thinking was paused when she felt Peter's hand holding hers. He clearly saw that she wasn't fully there. Him doing that made her feel even more bad. It usually made her feel good, but now it didn't.

When they finished eating, they went back to the ship. Gamora stoped having the terrible pains and voices, but she wasn't looking forward to getting home. When they landed, everyone left the ship except for Peter and Gamora. "Hey Peter, can I talk to you for a second?" Gamora asked. "Yeah sure!" He said. "Listen, I don't want you to take this the wrong way ok?" Gamora said. Peter looked confused. "What do you mean?" He asked. "Look, I can't explain this choice, but I can't tell you why I-" Gamora was cut off. "It's fine, you can tell me anything." He said reassuring her. "I- I'm breaking up with you." Gamora said. "Wait, what?" He said softly. "Why?" He asked. "I can't tell you Peter, i really want to but I can't." Gamora said. A tear fell from her eye. "I'm sorry Peter, I just can't." She said. Peter sighed. "I understand." He said. He put his hands in his jacket pocket and walked away from her. She felt so bad. She couldn't tell him why she broke it off. The sharp pain in her head came back, including the voice. "You did good daughter." She was devastated. She had to. She didn't want anything bad to happen to Peter.

Peter walked to where the rest of them were. "Hey Quill, how are you and Gamora doing?" Drax asked. Rocket tapped Drax and nodding his head no. He saw the sadness in his eyes that he tried to cover up. Peter walked to his room before he would tear up. Gamora walked into the silent room filled with people. It was rare to have a quiet room in the ship. They all turned to look at her. "What happened?" Nebula asked. It was obvious that she didn't want to answer that question. She just walked to her room. She walked pass his room. He had his walkman and was playing "I'm not in love." It made her start to cry. She tried to keep her tears quiet as she watched Peter. He was laying down on his bed. He had one hand on his stomach and one on the back of his head. He had tears rushing out of his eyes. His breathing was deep. He was trying to cry quietly so no one would bother him. Nebula walked up to Gamora. "Hey, do you wanna talk?" Nebula asked.

To Be Continued...