CHAPTER 30

Last 6 chapters :)

Annika

Phone call

Naya: Annika

Annika: Yes Naya?

Naya: Gino suffered from an attack, we are preparing for open-heart surgery. He's now in a coma.

Annika: What?! What happened?

Naya: I don't know, he just arrived an hour ago, nasa ER pa sya, we'll be transferring him sa ICU then sa OR. I am contacting cardiac surgeons around.

Annika: Oh My God! If you can, please wait for me. I will do the surgery.

Naya: Annika,.

Annika: I need to go, I need to go. Call my brother, he needs to be there too, he can help. If still can, please help wait for me.

"Dad! Dad!"

"Annika, you don't just jump and shout, you are heavily pregnant now."

"Dad, I need your help, Dad please."

"What help?"

"SGC have an air ambulance right? Can it fly to Manila now?"

"Annika, what are you talking about??!!"

"Dad, Gino had a critical attack. I need to go there. I need to save him. I need to be there this moment Dad."

"Let's call Mommy, she has more power on this than I am."

Mom called a few people to arrange my flight via air ambulance. Pero hindi kinaya that same day so Mommy arranged the earliest flight we can have which is the morning after. Because it will be riskier to wait for me, Doc Dani, and Naya needed to proceed with the surgery to save Gino.

"Kuya."

"Bunso."

"Kumusta si Gino?"

"He doesn't look well. He's still in a coma."

"Doc Dani?"

"There was another clogged artery but the problem is there is also a presence of arrhythmia."

"The road manager said that Gino had an attack while he was in a heated argument with their boss who they called Mamu."

I nodded.

"I think we need to prepare him for a CABG."

"Yes, we're thinking of that but we need him to be stable first."

"I'll do the CABG Doc Dani."

"You sure you can do it with your situation now?"

"We can do it Annika, you can join in the OR but you can't do the procedure. You are vulnerable at this stage."

"I can do it, let me do this."

All of them sighed and agreed in defeat.

I was inside the ICU when Kuya came in.

"Bunso, sigurado ka bang gagawin mo yan?"

"Yes, Kuya."

"Annika this is dangerous not to him but to you."

"I can handle this."

"Annika, losing one is breaking, I do not want you to lose another one."

"Thank you for the concern Kuya, but I can do this."

"Umuwi ka na muna ha? You need to rest Annika."

I nodded.

"Hi Doc, pwede ko po ba kayo makausap?"