Necklace -20

It was the New Year and things were already going good as planned. Shawn was making a new album, it was soon gonna be your 1st anniversary since you met. It was mind blowing. Just picturing all the things you guys did through 2014,... Besides breaking up. That was a con.

"Y/N". Shawn asked. You looked towards him and replied.

"Yeah babe?"

"Let's go, we don't have all day". He said.
Shawn and his family were going out for dinner to congratulate him on his new music.. Everyone was gonna be there. You panicked. What the hell were you even gonna wear? It didn't even matter anymore.

"Fine, I'm on my way". You stepped down your house steps and locked the door behind you.
Car rides with Shawn was fun. Now that he was 16, he could drive. It was reckless. He would sing to you and sometimes even loose his concentration to an Ed song on the radio.... Like the same one he sang to you at Magcon. It would always bring back good moments. It was still hard to believe that you guys kissed right infront of the eyes of Aaron. It was so unexpected.

The radio began to blast when a Jason Mraz song started playing. "I'm Yours".
One of Shawn's favorites. He looked at you for a glance second and then focused back at the road.
His mouth began to move..
He was singing to you.

The smile on your face grew and your heart warmed up. He was adorable. Everything that he did made you happy. He sang through the whole song, knowing every single word. The ending approached and right as the last word "I'm Yours" came up, Shawn took something out of his pocket.

"Here, open this Y/N".
Your face was stunned. You opened the box and there it was.... A guitar pick-shaped silver necklace that had carved in it "my melody".

Shawn spoke.
"Wear it tonight... My album isn't the only thing I want my parents to be proud of tonight".