Chapter 2//Flashback

September 20, 2019

"Parker, please stop cleaning!" Savannah insisted, watching her best friend frantically trying to organize their shared apartment. They had just finished their first week of filming, and to celebrate the girls were having Madison, Jadah, Charlie, Owen, and Jeremy over. "It's just a movie night, it's okay!"

"I just want to make sure the place looks nice! The guys have never been here before and I don't want them to think I'm a slob!" Parker ran a hand through her hair, looking around at the living room. She reached out to adjust a photo of her and her family for the 5th time, but Savannah reached out and stopped her.

"They've seen you asleep on the floor on set, I don't think they'll care if they place isn't perfect. We've been working so much, too," Savannah tried to calm Parker down, but when she still looked nervous the younger girl had a realization. "Unless there's another reason you're freaking out."

"Nope, no other reason," Parker insisted, but her blushing cheeks told a different story.

"It's Charlie, right?"

"Huh?" Parker froze. "What's Charlie?."

"Oh come on!" Savannah smiled, pulling her friend down onto their couch. "You like him!"

"No, nope. No way," Parker tried denying her feelings, but she couldn't help but think about the boy. They had met during auditions, and immediately became friends. Throughout the audition process they grew closer, and when they both got cast they knew they would become best friends. What Parker didn't expect was for her feelings towards to the boy to begin to change in a romantic way. "I mean, it would be stupid."

"Why?"

"Because we're coworkers, and we work great together as friends. That's all it'll ever be." Before Savannah had a chance to insist her friend was wrong, a knock on their door ended their conversation short. "That's probably him. Please don't say anything!"

"I won't," Savannah promised, watching Parker's smile grow as she opened the door to see Charlie and he pulled her into a hug.