Chapter 12//Flashback

October 31, 2019

"Another drink, m'lady?" Charlie asked Parker, mimicking a British accent.

"Of course," Parker copied the accent, handing him her cup as he went into the kitchen to make her her third Malibu Bay Breeze. The blonde smiled as she watched him walk away from her spot on the couch. The rest of their friends were all around the apartment, the older ones drinking as well. Parker and Charlie had been left alone on the couch where they had spent the past hour talking and teasing each other. Savannah noticed the boy had gone into the kitchen and took the opportunity to plop down on the couch next to her roommate.

"So..." Savannah smirked, clearly tipsy.

"So, what?" Parker asked, confused as to where this was going.

"You and Charlie seem to be having a good time."

"For the last time, Sav, we're just friends!" Parker insisted, rolling her eyes at her best friend. "And he's coming back, so please drop it."

"One Malibu Bay Breeze," Charlie smiled widely at Parker as he handed her her drink, sitting down next to her on the side Savannah was not. "Having fun, Sav?"

"Very!" Savannah giggled, standing up. "I'll leave you two alone."

"She's drunk, isn't she?" Charlie chuckled, throwing his arm around the back of the couch behind Parker.

"And you're not?" Parker teased, trying to ignore how close the pair were and his arm close to being wrapped around her.

"Never said I wasn't," Charlie smiled, winking at the girl. Parker blushed at that, looking away from him. He laughed at her reaction, putting his arm around his shoulders and pulling her close. "I know you're blushing."

"Am not," Parker muttered. "You know my face gets red when I drink."

"Mhm, whatever you say," Charlie teased, and the pair fell silent as they watched their friends. Parker let her head rest on Charlie's shoulder, causing him to look down at her and smile. "It's cute that I can make you blush so easily."

"Shut up," Parker groaned, knowing his words were making her blush even more as she buried her face in his chest. Charlie chuckled, hugging the girl tight with the arm that was around her shoulders.

"You're always cute," he whispered. Before Parker had a chance to answer, Savannah stood up on one of the kitchen chairs.

"Alright bitches, it's horror movie time!" she announced, causing the group to gather around the pair in the living room. Savannah and Owen squeezed onto the couch next to Parker and Charlie, while Madison and Jadah sat comfortably on the floor in front of the couch. Jeremy sat on the recliner next to the couch, Carolynn on his lap. Savannah turned on the TV, putting on Halloween.

By the end of the movie, everyone besides Parker and Charlie had fallen asleep. Savannah and Owen had left to go sleep in Savannah's room halfway through the movie, Madison claiming their spot on the couch. Jadah was passed out on the floor, Jeremy next to her, and Carolynn had pushed the recliner out and was asleep there. Parked looked over at the boy next to her, turning off the TV. "You tired?"

"Not really," he answered, slightly lying. He didn't want to sleep if it meant he could continue hanging out with Parker.

"Me neither," Parker answered, lying for the same reason. "We could go put something else on in my room?"

"Yeah, that sounds good," Charlie smiled as the girl stood up, reaching a hand out to pull him up. They quietly made their way into her room, Parker crawling under the covers as Charlie stood there nervously.

"You know you can sit on my bed, right," Parker laughed at his awkwardness.

"Oh, yeah. I know," Charlie cleared his throat, sitting on the edge of the bed. Parker rolled her eyes at him.

"Come here, idiot," she reached forward and grabbed his arm, pulling him closer. Charlie pushed his nerves aside and let Parker pull back the blankets for him to lay under them with her. She grabbed the remote from her nightstand, turning on Disney+ and putting on The Nightmare Before Christmas.

"Happy Halloween, Charlie," she whispered, laying her head on his shoulder.

"Happy Halloween, Park," he whispered back, wrapping his arm around her shoulder once more and pulling her close.