chapter one // moving out.

(a/n: hey everyone, this is the beginning to a new story and i hope you all like it because it took me forever to think about a plot haha, well enjoy chapter one!)

"Goodbye honey, call us if anything." My mother said, with tears trickling down her face. "She's growing up so fast, isn't she Tom?" she asked my dad.

"She sure is, I remember when she was just our little baby girl." He let out, starting to tear along with my mother.

"Alright guys, no more crying in my new apartment." I said jokingly, opening the door for them to leave. "Alright sweetie, call us if anything, we love you.. And have fun at college!" They said while waving me goodbye. "I'll try! I love you guys." I responded, closing the door while doing so.

I then sat down onto my brand new couch. I couldn't believe that I was finally on my own, finally starting to feel like an adult. I had the freedom to do whatever I wanted.

Of course I felt lonely, with nothing to do, but I had a plan. I always had a plan.

The plan was to find a roommate. Their gender or who they were wouldn't matter to me, as long as they'd help me pay rent and keep me company, they were fine.

I've already hung up about 35 flyers up around town, hopefully that was enough for someone as desperate as me to come by.

That's just about when my phone rang, displaying an unknown number calling.

"hey, who's this?" i ask. "hey, my name's calum hood and im interested in helping you with your rent and stuff." he said, sounding uneducated. but who was i to judge? "oh, right! look at the address that's on the flyer and come meet me outside of the apartment." i replied. "alright, i'll be over in a few." he said.

this may sound silly but on my way down, i was hoping he wasn't some old creep.

i waited on this 'calum' guy for about 10 minutes until what i figured was him, finally showed up.

please let that be him. please let that be him. please let that be him.

"hey, im calum." he said, giving me his hand to shake.

thank god.

i'd be lying if i said he was some ugly creature. but i'd also be lying if i said he was the hottest human being i've ever come in contact with.

he had nice black hair with blonde in it, dark brown eyes, and some tattoos displayed on his arm, which i had to admit, turned me on. i was kind of hoping that i'd get to find out if there were more. ella, stop! you barely know the guy.

"hey, im ella." i replied, shaking his hand. "so, how do i sign up?" he questioned, which made me laugh because he didn't have to 'sign up'.

"just tell me some things about yourself and what you work for, and that's basically it. the earliest you could move in would be in.. hm, three more days."

"alright, well could we at least go inside? it's freezing out here." he said, shivering. "sure, follow me."

some time passed and i've learned a lot about him. he works as a waiter for applebee's, which was good enough for me. he was also attending the same college that i'd attend in about one month and he was my age, which was perfect. "alright, you can move in whenever, thank you so much." i said, opening the door for him to exit.

"anytime, see you later beautiful." he said before leaving, which made me blush. "see you later, calum." i say before closing the door and letting out a sigh.

(a/n: this chapter sucks, im sorry haha but i hope you enjoyed chapter one, until next time, please leave comments, it'll help loads, have a nice day!)