Chapter 10

"Mama, was any information found yet?" Meera asked her uncle for the hundreth time. They had returned to the Oberoi Mansion 2 hours ago.

"No Banjhi....not yet." Sahil said over the phone. "Meeru these things take time, nothing happens in a day."

"Ok..."

"Ok, Ill talk to you later."

"Rudy what are you doing?" Meera heard a voice from the kitchen. She walked there and saw her Papa, Om Chachu laughing and Rudra chachu laughing with a roti on his face.

"That's not fair bhaiya, you distracted me thats why it didnt work."

"Nahi...you didnt do it properly thats why it didnt work." Shivaay stated, Om laughed and Rudra just glared at Shivaay.

"Were you spinning the roti in the air?" Meera asked out loud before she could stop herself. Her Papa and Chachus turned around surpised. "Sorry...woh....I was just passing by..."

"Its ok...come inside." Shivaay smiled at Meera. "Do you want to see how its really done?"

"Yes please."

"Rudra, give me the roti." Shivaay said. Rudra gave him the roti and Shivaay twirled it in the air, a couple of times.

"That's so cool..." Meera then looked into a pot and asked, "What else are you making?"

"Thats's Stewed Vegetable Ratatouille with baked Aubergine and Asparagous in Pesto Sauce."

"Oh...thats my favourite!" Om and Rudra looked at Meera in surprise while Shivaay continued to smile.

"Really?"

"Haan, one of my favourites, My mom cant make it so I dont east it as much but when ever im at restaurants...I do."

"Mine is different from the one in restaurants. Here try." Shivaay took a spoon and held it up for Meera to taste.

"Mmm..its yummy. But this and roti?"

"Actually...we have two types of people in this family, those who eat desi food...that those who videsi (non desi) food." Om replied. Both him and Rudra pointed to Shivaay when he said Videsi.

"Don't worry Pa- Mr. Oberoi....Im on your side. I eat eaverything but videsi food id my favorite." Meera laughed.

"At least someone her knows what good food is."

"Um...Mr Oberoi....I was thinking. Remember when I agreed to come, I said there should be no formalities between us?"

"Yes?"

"Well, I think this Mr Oberoi Mr Oberoi is still quite formal...so can I call you SSO?" Meera asked. She actually wanted to call him Papa but that currently wasnt possible.

"SSO?" Shivaay asked as he started to remember all the times that Anika & Sahil used to call him that. Rudra and Om were also remembering those times.

"Yeah.....You can." Om and Rudra looked surprised that Shivaay let this girl call him what Anika used to.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Everyone was sitting on the dining table eating the dinner that ShivOmRu made.

"Bade Papa, How was the meeting today?" Dev asked Shivaay while eating.

"Hmm...it was good, they were impressed with the presen-"

"Shivaay...how many times should I say, no office talk on the dining table." Pinky reprimanded.

(pic of Pinky Oberoi)

"Sorry Ma, but meeting was important so...." Shivaay replied.

"You two worked in the office the whole day, now that you're home relax a little."

"I will Ma...first let me tell Dev about..."

"Nahi....I dont want to hear anything. You can talk about office later"

Meera was sitting quietly and smiling at the conversation that was going on. It was the exact same conversation that happens between Meera and Anika almost everyday. Meera already knew she has lots in common with her Mom but today she was noticing that she had lots in common with her Dad too...like her workaholic nature for example.

*Flashback*

A 21 year old Meera was sitting on the dining table with her laptop talking on her cell when her Mom came from behind her, took her phone and turned it off.

"Ma, what are you doing? That was important!" Meera objected.

"What are you doing? I told you....no work during dinner time. The whole day you have college then office then you don more work after coming home...When will you rest? You will get sick like this."

"Ma, I will rest, first let me finish this-"

"Absolutely not..first finish your food, the relax a bit THEN.... you can finish your work."

*Flashback Ends*