Chapter 14

A few days went by and the entire Oberoi family bonded with Meera. Dev & Jai became close friends with her, Ishaan & Pihu started looking at her like an elder sibling. Kabir still fought with her and annoyed her every chance he got. Shivaay felt a strong connection with Meera but had no clue what it was. With the help of Meera, Oberoi Industries was in a much more stable condition too.

"Gauri...what happened?" Om walked upto his wife who was smiling to herself with tears in her eyes.

"Nothing Omkaraji...I was just thinking. Today...if Jiji were still alive...she and Bade bhaiyya would have a son or daughter right?"

"Why are you thinking about this all of a sudden?"

"Just seeing how close Bade bhaiyya and Meera have become." Gauri motioned towards Shivaay & Meera who were sitting in the living room talking and laughing. "Bade bhaiyya treats all the kids the same...he loves them all so much...and yet, i have never seen him this happy with anyone else."

"Hmmm, there is definetly something about Meera, we all became close with her..." Om replied.

Location: Unknown

In a dark room a lady was sitting on her desk on the wall infront of her were pictures of each and every Oberoi family member from the oldest Kalyani Oberi to the youngest Ishaan Singh Oberoi. The picture of Anika had a red cross over it.

"How the HELL did this happen!" the lady got up from her chair and threw the things off her desk.

"Di..."

"We worked so hard to ruin the Oberois. And in the last moment someone helped them." She turns to her sister, "Saumya....I want to know everything about this Meera girl, who is she, where she came from and why she is helping the Oberois!"

"Relax Svetlana di...I'll tell Saxena to find out about her." Saumya replied.

"Oberois cannot be saved....I will ruin them. If not their business then I guess its time to send Shivaay Singh Oberoi to his late wife....." Svetlana picked up a dart and threw it at the wall making it land right on Shivaay's face.

At the same time in Dehli...

"Shivaay..." Anika woke up with a start.

"Anika Di...." Neha ran to Anika who was just now taking a nap on the couch and rubbed her back. "Are you okay?"

"I....I'm fine.... I'm fine." Anika whispered.

'Why am I suddenly worrying about Shivaay?' Anika thought to herself

'No....Im not worrying about him. Meera.... Yes my daughter Meera is there. She may meet Shivaay, thats why Im worried" She tried to convince herself but deep down in her heart Anika knew she was worried about Shivaay for some reason.

"Here Di, drink water." Neha snapped Anika out of her thoughts as she handed her a glass of water.

"Neha, all of us will be going to Mumbai."

"Mumbai?" Neha asked confused.

"Yes....I...you know I cant live without Meera. So I decided that we will stay in Mumbai until her work is done there."

"What!" Saahil walked in at that moment and heard what Anika said. "Di...I....We....How can we go to Mumbai? What about Mishti's school?"

"What about that Saahil? We will handle that, If Di wants to go to Mumbai then we will go to Mumbai." Neha said, "Di, I'll book the tickets and start packing."

After she left Saahil turned to Anika, "Anika Di, what about SSO? You didnt want to go to Mumbai because SSO is there right."

"Shivaayis there thats why its become more important that I go there."

"But Di..." Saahil desperately tried to stop Anika.

"Saahil....I have already decided, we are going." Anika said, "Let me call Meera and inform her."

Anika took her phone and called Meera.

*Ring! Ring!*

*Phone convo*

M: Hi Ma! How are you. I miss you so much!

A: I miss you too...thats why I made a decision.

M (nervous): What decision?

A: We are all going to Mumbai and staying with you!

M (Shocked): WHAT!

A: Meeru are you not happy?

M: Of course (nervous laugh). I am verryyy happy Maa...this..this is my happy wala 'What'. But what about Mishti's school and Mama & your work? 

A: Your Mama doesnt work in an Office, he is a boxer. He will talk to his manager and figure something out, I will also find a job in Mumbai.

M: Okay....I can't wait....ummm, could you pls pass the phone to Mama?

A: Of course...here....Saahil Meera wants to talk to you.

Anika then handed the phone to Saahil who smiled and took the phone farther away from Anika so he could talk in peace.

M (worried): Mama!

S (Panic whisper): I Know, I know!

M(panic whisper): Now what? Meri plan ki toh puri Tai Tai Phiss ho gayi. (My plan is ruined)

S: I tried stopping her, but I dont know what happened all of a sudden.

M: Ok....okay...its fine....Its okaaayyyy. Not everything will go according to plan. Even though, I NEED to stay in Oberoi Mansion otherwise how will I find out what happened 25 years ago and who wants to destroy Oberoi Industries..and I dont know how Im going to explain to Ma why I cant stay with her and if she finds out that im staying in Oberoi Mansion, Im dead and nobody in Oberoi Mansion can find out who I really am yet but its all fine completely and absolutely fine. (all in one breath)

S: Meera you are panicking.

M: Yes! Thank you Captain Obvious....(Sigh) sorry....Im sorry Mama, but what are we gonna do now?

S: Okay...you know what? Stopping Di from going there is not possible anymore So I'll just tell her that because of work you and Alia have to stay some place else and you will visit us daily.

M: What? (confused)

S: I know that it doesnt make sense but Di wont know! Di doesnt know much about the business industry so whatever we say...she will believe us.

M: I hate this...I dot like lying to Ma so much. This is why Ma wasnt supposed to be coming to Mumbai yet!

S: Now that she is, we have to lie...We are doing this for her. She may not admit it but She and SSo complete each other. Now we just have to hide the fact that you and Alia  are staying in Oberoi mansion. And you arent alone...I mean Alia and I are with you of course but in a few days Aditya bhaiyya & Nandini Didi are also moving to Mumbai.

M: Yeah, Alia told me...Adi uncle and Nandini aunty are permanently moving here for work.

S: And with all of us helping you, it will be easier hiding the truth from Di.

M: Okay...I'll arrange a house for you guys.....a bit far from Oberoi Mansion

S: Great....k, I should go now. Bye

M: Bye Mama.

*End Phone Convo*

***********

Note: Hey guys, as you can tell SSO & Anika will soon be in the same city so that means a step closer being reunited...YAY! Now Meera has to juggle living in Oberoi Mansion while hiding her identity and also hiding the fact that she is living in Oberoi Mansion from her Mom who is now going to be living in Mumbai too....Poor girl. Pls comment and let me know what you think.