Chapter 23

Merry Christmas! Stay safe everyone!

~Oindrila

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"You two also got an apartment in this building?" Annika asked Aditya & Nandini.

"Yeah actually this is the losest to the hospital so it will be easier for us. We are i the floor below you...1503." Nandini replied

"Thats great...we can meet everyday."

"Oh...Aunty, Uncle I should go now...I'll be late fro work." Meera looked at her watch and got up to leave.

"Thats fine, we will talk later." Aditya smiled.

"Alia..." Meera stopped her friend as she got up too, "You dont need to come today. Spend time with your parents. I will handle everything at the office."

"Are you sure?"

"Haan...stay here. Uncle and Aunty will need help unpacking."

"Thanks Meera." Alia hugged her friend happily. Meera said bye to everyone and left in her car, unaware that someone was watching her.

"Boss...the girl just left and she is alone now. Should I continue following her?" The man spoke into his phone.

"No need, there are only two roads to her office from here...one main road and one road that note many people travel by. I'll block the main road."

"Yes boss." The man hung up. Meanwhile Meera drove towards the main road only to see a huge traffic jam....with cars honking and people yelling out the windows.

"What the hell?" Meera mumbled to herself wondering what happened. At that moment she heard a knock on her window and saw a police office standing there.

"Excuse me....What happened here? So much traffic?" Meera asked after rolling the window down.

"Yes actually, there was an accident so we blocked the road." The officer replied.

"Accident? Great, how will I get to the office now? Im already late."

"If you dont mind me asking ma'am where do you work?"

"Oberoi Industries." Meera answered annoyed.

"Oh Oberoi Industries...there is another road that goes there. It goes by the jungle so not many people use it but its a short cut."

"Really?"

"Yes ma'am. You have to take a right turn on that road there and the drive straight....after awhile you will see another road, take another right there and then Oberoi Industries will be infront of you."

"Thats great thanks..." Meera said and then drove towards the road she was shown. As soon as she drove away, the officer motioned to his men and the blocks were removed so the rest of the people could drive by.