seventeen - george

a familiar heat rushes eagerly towards my cheeks as a sense of embarrassment devours me completely, and i have the sudden urge to never show my face in public again. the throbbing in my head amplifies each time i re-read the texts i sent to clay last night, but i can't stop repeating the sentences in my head. i curse softly to myself, thinking desperately for an excuse for my strange messages, as 'being drunk' isn't good enough.

i run my hands over my face, glaring harshly at the chain of texts sent yesterday. i wonder momentarily how clay reacted to my words, disgusted maybe? i shake that thought from my head instantly, reading over the last message he sent. a sudden frustration washes over me, what does his message even mean?

i debate how to answer him, but don't come to any good ideas. i sigh heavily, stepping into the bathroom with my phone in hand. i type a message to sapnap, asking if he got home safely to which he replies almost instantly, 'yes, thank u cutie.' a smile plays at my lips as i roll my eyes at his behaviour. i'd be flattered, but he acts this way with all of his friends- and i'm glad i'm one of them now. i met a lot of his friends at clay's party too, and they seemed fun.

i remember sapnap introducing me to a guy taller than us, luke. he and sapnap seemed to get along well, and i'm sure i would have mistook them for brothers if i hadn't known any better.

i smile fondly at the memory of the two simultaneously asking one another to play a game, and i noted their similarities as they both nodded and disappeared, shoving each other as they raced to a room i never went into. an odd sensation runs up my spine as i think back to clay, but i abandon the thought before i get too caught up in it.

tugging at the hem of my shirt, i pull it swiftly over my head before throwing it on the floor near the pile of other clothes i need to wash. i quickly undress before entering the shower, which immediately soaks me with cold water, causing me to jump. stepping aside to wait for warmer water, i feel icy cold droplets run down my back with goosebumps following shortly behind. soon enough, the warmth welcomes me and i smile in content. i rinse the scent of alcohol from my skin and hair, closing my eyes to wash the soap away after but my mind keeps running back to clay.

my every action reminds me of him and i suddenly feel awkward. i can't shower in peace without my mind thinking to people i shouldn't be thinking about. i stay under the comforting stream of water for a moment longer before deciding i should just have a conversation with him to satisfy my brain. 

i rummage through my closet for some clean clothes, and instantly put them on, ignoring the tiny damp spots i've created where i didn't dry off properly. i frantically rub a towel over my head, attempting to dry my hair, even if just a little.

grabbing my phone, i tap on his contact, forming a simple message to clay. i don't give myself time to pause and overthink it before i send it and watch as a 'delivered' sign appears underneath it in tiny letters.

'meet me at that coffee place in 20?'

=====

word count: 618
*in editing*
please vote!

a little short, but i'll make up for it i promise(:

(also the "text messages" above are pretty much george's pov with dream.)