Chapter Twenty-Nine

SIRIUS BLACK AND SOLIS EDWARDS ARE NOW AT THEIR NEW HOME

SIRIUS BLACK AND SOLIS EDWARDS ARE NOW AT THEIR NEW HOME. This past few weeks, they scouted for houses, Solis already had a chosen one in mind. They managed to find the one Solis wanted and bought it immediately.

Some of their friends and family came for a small welcoming home gathering, are now looking around the new house. It's a white house with a garden. Classic. The literal opposite of Grimmauld Place — this excites Sirius. He always wanted to raise his family in a bright and nice environment, unlike his childhood.

"Nice place!" Stella complimented.

"Thanks Stells." Sirius smiled.

"Padfoot, can we talk to you for a minute?" James asked.

"Sure."

The Marauders including Gwen, entered the baby room — it was neutral color. Beige and brown surrounding the room. A crib prepared in the middle.

"What is it?" Sirius asked his friends.

"When will you be proposing?" James asked. Sirius had told them months ago about the proposal.

"When will you?" Sirius raised his brows at James. He immediately regretted it as soon as Gwen's deadly look gazed on him. He cleared his throat. The boy was nervous and was about to leave but Remus stopped him.

"Paddy, we know why you're postponing this." Gwen sighed.

"What?"

"You're scared that she'll say no." Remus answered.

"I- it's just, she might say no because maybe this is all too fast. We just moved in together." Sirius sighed.

"Padfoot. Mate. You have a baby on the way and like you said you just moved in together. I think you proposing won't be too fast." James explained.

"You guys think so?"

"We do." Peter said.

"And I know she loves you very much." Gwen chuckled, "She has that lovestruck look in her eyes every time she looks at you."

"Thanks for the push. I'll think about it..." Sirius wasn't sure if this is the right path. With the baby, moving in and also the Order. Maybe this is too much. What if she can't handle it.
The group sighed and left the room.

The parents were conversing with each other. Arielle and Euphemia are already close friends and with their kids now getting together, it's as if they're in-laws.

"Do you think he'll do it?" Gwen asked her friends.

"I hope so." James nodded. Looking at his girlfriend.

"Look at her." Gwen pointed out.

"What is it Winnie?" Remus asked.

"Look at Solis' eyes towards Paddy. It's obvious she'll say yes. I don't understand his mindset honestly." Gwen sighed. Solis was looking at Sirius as she talked to her brother and Stella.

"I guess he's just nervous." Peter said.

After the new house gathering, everybody left, leaving Sirius and Solis alone once more. They were sitting on the bed. The boy giving her a massage on her swollen feet as she read some muggle magazine. Solis is now 37 weeks pregnant. Other than looking for houses, the two has been going to the Order's meetings. Sirius and Solis were allowed to not partake in it as much until the birth of their baby.

"Baby." Sirius called out.

"Yeah love?"

"I-" The boy kneeled down next to the bed, while still massaging her foot. He's definitely a good masseuse.

"Are you finally proposing?" Solis asked nonchalantly.

"W-what?" He chuckled nervously. She knew? She's going to say no, "N-no.."

"I saw it. The ring. I saw you playing with it every night." Solis sighed and put down her magazine. "Do you not want me?"

"Of course I do. Always."

"Then why haven't you ask me yet?"

"The thing is-"

"Because I will. I will marry you."

"I-" Stunned by her words. He was simply speechless.

"But I like the traditional way. So, propose to me Mr Black." She smirked. Sirius smiled to that.

Sirius cleared his throat. He took out the small red box. Revealing the diamond ring, he has been holding on to for the longest time. Truthfully, he had gotten the ring the day Solis was kidnapped. The boy gave her his softest smile. His grey eyes piercing through her blue ones.

"Solis Renée Edwards, will you marry me?"

"Yes." With that Sirius sat on the bed and kissed her. She is his and he is hers. He caressed her soft cheeks. He tore away from her. "What?"

"So, you knew? All this time?"

"Yes. I've been waiting actually." She chuckled. The girl didn't understand his hesitation, but let him do whatever he wants without pressure.

"Wow. I guess I should've done this a while ago."

"But I do need some explanation." Solis smiled.

"What for?"

"Why didn't you tell me that you had the biggest crush on me for years?" Sirius blinked as the girl smirked. He hid his face with his palm, feeling his cheeks burning hot.

"I- well you- you were dating that git and I thought I missed my chance and well- you've always been this strong and beautiful girl. I didn't know if I deserve you." He explained warming her heart.

"When did you start liking me?" She asked.

"Probably when you spoke your mind in one of our classes. You sounded brave and it was really hot." He chuckled as she hit his chest lightly.

"I love you." She said and places her lips onto his. Kissing him softly.

"I love you too Sola." He smiled.

"Let's get to the kitchen. I want some sandwich." Sirius stood up to help her. They went down the stairs hand in hand.

"I'll make it for you." The boy said as he led her to the sofas. He entered the kitchen. It was a beautiful kitchen, Solis herself decorated it. It was kind of odd that she immediately agreed to this house, but Sirius just wanted her to be happy. They haven't gotten a house elf either.

As he used his wand to make the sandwich. Solis suddenly shouted his name. He dropped everything and ran towards the living room.

"Solis! Solis! What is it?" He asked frantically. She was just sitting in the sofa.

"I think- I think my water broke." It definitely did.

Author's note:

Their house^ it's cute haha found it obviously on pinterest

Their house^ it's cute haha found it obviously on pinterest. Omg we're one chapter till the end of this love story 🥺
It's been a wild ride yall. After i finish both my books, I already have another books on my draft. Haha.