4. Teachers Meeting

After leaving the 8th years, Mcgonagall made her way to Dumbledore's office.  She knew that the rest of the staff were already there and were waiting for her.  She muttered the password, and climbed the stairs.  She knew what needed to be addressed.  What had happened in the hall between Potter and the men from the ministry.  She was worried.  She had never seen that level of anger coming from Potter before, and hoped they could get to the bottom of it quickly and quietly.

When she entered, Dumbledore rose from his chair and started speaking.  "How is it that none of us know what happened to Harry?  Without him, the war would never have been won.  Did we all forget about him simply because his 'job was done'.  I am highly embarrassed to say that in a way, I did.  I have thought about him, but my thoughts were never one of worry.  I was more relieved for him that it was over.  We have failed him.  I have failed him", he said and sat down heavily.  He looked pleadingly at all the teachers surrounding his desk, as if he would get answers from their eyes. 

All of the staff dropped their gazes.  Too ashamed to look at their headmaster, they too acknowledged that they had forgotten about Harry.  Grateful for his sacrifice, they were just happy about being alive.  About living again, and so they went on with their lives.  Professor Snape was the first to speak.

"Perhaps it would be prudent for Potter to come and explain, Albus.  That way we can determine our fault in all of this", he said.

"Yes. Yes, but not today.  Let him get settled in first, and then I shall send an owl", he replied shakily.  "And I do not believe that Harry blames anyone Severus.  Maybe just heartbroken that no one knew, and so no one was there for him". 

"It would explain the anger Albus", said Minerva.  He nodded his agreement.  He had been shocked at the anger coming from Harry, but knew there had to be a good reason for it.  And he was sorry.  So extremely sorry that this boy wonder had been so alone.  But just after that, he had apologized, so Harry was still the humble boy that he had always been.  He had noticed the piercings, the tattoos, and how toned Harry was.  He approved.

Dumbledore stated that he would wait for the report from Robards, and then he would speak to Harry, but not before talking to all of them first.  All the staff agreed that this was probably best. 

After seeing them out, he sent a letter with an owl to the ministry requesting a meeting with Head Auror Robards.  Just to make sure that he would be getting the full report.  And of course, he would love to meet this Jacob Summers that had Harry so riled up.  He wondered if it were possible, but then decided it was necessary. 

Harry and his anger issues, as well as his mentality were what mattered.  They had to be preserved, for he had saved them all from a terrible darkness.  Sighing, he left his chair and walked over to Fawkes, his phoenix.  Stroking his feathers calmed him.  He also knew that his bird of fire would have answers.  And so he just kept stroking him, waiting for a revelation. 

Fawkes was crying.  Dumbledore knew his tears were for Harry, and couldn't help feeling sad with him.  He looked into his eyes, and knew that Harry needed time, and so he would grant it.  But when the time came for answers, Harry would be glad to offer them.  He knew that Harry hated to burden anyone with anything, he would rather carry everything himself.  And that's what made him different.

Even during the feast, when Draco Malfoy had insulted him, he hadn't risen to the bait.  He simply stared at him, and shushed him.  Smiling at the pure brilliance of not playing the hate game with the Slytherin, he knew they were in for a fantastic year.  Harry was tired of hate, and if he could teach everyone to let go of it, well then, why not.

Snape and Mcgonagall were talking on their way back to their rooms.  "Severus, have you ever seen Harry this angry?", she asked.  He shook his head and said "No.  Anger like that must have been brewing for some time.  I don't think it is just one incident that has caused it, and it could be dangerous".

She nodded her head.  Indeed.  But soon after, he had apologized and asked to excuse himself to gather his thoughts, and she wondered how many people would have done that.  Snape said yes, that was odd.  But then Harry Potter was odd.  He walked to his death just to appease the masses.  Would he have done that?  Probably not.  Potter was wrong.  Bravery had everything to do with it.  Not everyone, in fact no one else, would have done what he had.

Hagrid was heartbroken.  He had contacted Harry before school started, but not hearing anything back from him, thought that either he had left the country, or he was grieving and did not want to be disturbed.  But now he knew.  Harry had been in hospital, on the brink of death. And he never told a soul.  No one had bothered to inform anyone.  That must mean that he had been in a muggle hospital.  The healers at St. Mungo's would have contacted Dumbledore the minute he had been admitted.  Of that he was sure.  And they would have been there for him.

Madam Pomfrey was fuming.  She went straight to her books on muggle medicine, and looked up what a coma was.  There in black and white it was written:  An undisclosed period of prolonged unconsciousness brought on by illness or injury.  Only 3% of patients usually recover from a coma. She slumped down in her chair, and rubbed her eyes.  Magic can heal only so much, so even if he had been in her hospital wing at Hogwarts, she wouldn't have been able to do much for him.  She read further that the cure for a coma depended on the patient.  How strong he was to fight it.  How much love and compassion was he receiving during the coma.  Words of encouragement.  And apparently he had received none.  He had been alone. 

Each left with their own thoughts, and feelings of guilt, they settled down for the night, hoping that the new day would have answers, and most of all, that Harry would be all right. 

None of them knew how long they would have to wait for that to happen.