18. Luna Knows

Harry woke up feeling well rested, refreshed and strong.  He decided to take a hot shower, and get rid of all the hurt and the agony that had been plaguing him for the last two weeks.  He jumped out of bed, ran to the bathroom to relieve himself, and turned the shower taps on.  Undressing, he couldn't wait to get under the hot water.  Washing with his favorite soap and shampoo, smelling of musk, he lathered himself all over.  He had felt emotions coming from his friends, and had a funny feeling of new friends in his cirlce.

Not one to shun any offer of friendship, except that fateful day that Malfoy had offered his hand, he smiled to himself.  New friends meant new beginnings.  New beginnings meant new memories.  New memories meant that they could move on.  He hadn't heard from Snape or Dumbledore since their first visit, but he wasn't worried.  After hearing what he had done and how he had behaved in the hall, Harry felt he had every right to lose his temper.  And he did.

Anyway, that was in the past.  He had to look to the future.  He would be giving an account of his actions to Hogwarts, but he knew that it would happen in due time.  He was not going to rush anything.  After rinsing off the soap, he closed the taps, and stepped out of the shower to towel himself dry.  He missed his friends.  He missed having company.  He knew that his alone time was important, but he had had enough of that for a while.  Now he wanted to hear everything that he had been missing while he had been asleep.

After getting dressed in a light blue faded denim and white T shirt, and rubbing aftershave onto his face and chest, he felt like a new man.  There was a knock at the door, and when he opened, he wasn't surprised to see his headmaster standing in the doorway.  He offered entrance, and smiled at Professor Dumbledore.  He saw the famous twinkle in his eyes and wondered what had brought that about.  His smile was returned, and then he offered a chair and tea to his headmaster.  Dumbledore shook his head, and said no thank you.  "I just wanted to let you know that there is someone who wishes to see you Harry, but I wasn't going to let them in without your permission", he said.

Harry blinked at him, and asked who it was.  "Luna", he said softly.  Harry was ecstatic.  He was looking forward to seeing her again, he had missed her terribly.  He gave his consent, and said yes, of course she could come in.  Dumbledore stood up, opened the door, and said that he would see them both later.  Just then Luna came into view.  And what a view it was.  He opened his arms to her again, and she rushed to him.  Throwing her arms around his neck, she cried out "It's so good to see you again Harry.  Oh, how I've missed you.  Everyone misses you".  

When Harry pulled out of the hug, he raised a brow and asked "Everyone?" very shyly.  She nodded and said yes, everyone.  Every single student in 8th year.  Every. Single. One.  That meant that even the Slytherins were missing him.  He looked at her, and she winked at him.  "Yes Harry, even the Slytherins.  Draco included.  You won't believe how much actually.  He seemed very concerned when you were taken out of your room and brought here.  He's a changed person.

Pansy, Blaise and Draco have all made peace with everyone, and they in turn offered their own apologies.  All that is left to happen is you and Draco.  To make peace.  To find a common ground with each other.  I've always said that the both of you have passion.  It's just been misdirected", she said with a sly smile.  Harry felt his heart flutter at her words.

Harry smiled and offered her a seat.  "Are the students scared of me?  Because of my behavior?", he asked nervously.  He had a sad puppy dog look on his face, that Luna couldn't stop adoring.  Shaking her head, she replied "No Harry, no one is scared of you.  They are however scared for you.  Worried for you.  For what you have been through.  Dumbledore made it very clear that they were not to ask you anything, and that you would talk about it when you were ready".

Pleased with the answer, he asked Luna if she would like some juice.  She accepted the offer, and together they drank in silence.  Luna decided to be honest with her friend about everything.  "We haven't only been making peace with each other you know.  We have all been sharing stories about how we met you, and about what type of person you are.  There have been five stories so far, and I'm pretty sure that more are yet to come.  The love that we felt in the room when the stories were being told was epic.  I've never felt anything like it before", she said.

Harry remembered the emotions that he had felt in his slumber.  He told Luna everything.  What he felt, how it made him feel, and about the very strong feeling of love and self loathing.  A sense of giving up was also a strong one, but he couldn't say what emotion came from whom.  She said that was funny, she doesn't remember anyone feeling that when they were talking, maybe it was only when they had each gone to their own rooms.

Luna stayed for what seemed forever.  She asked Harry when he would be able to leave, because he needed some normal in his life again.  He didn't know.  He would ask Dumbledore and take it from there.  He badly wanted to see his friends again, maybe play some quidditch, and pursue the one person that had been on his mind for such a long time.  And he couldn't very well do it from the hospital wing.

She gave him the candy that she and the others had bought at Honeydukes, and they shared most of it, leaving wrappers strewn about the room.  He thanked her, gave her another hug and said that he hoped he would see her soon.  Luna stood by the door, and before leaving, she turned and said to Harry, "My beautiful friend, you are a brave Gryffindor, the bravest man I have ever known.  And the beauty of your bravery is the reason why he loves you back, and he wants you as much as you want him.  You both just don't know it yet".  

And with that, she kissed him on the cheek, told him to get even more rest, and left his room.  Harry was confused.  The day that they had come back when Luna told Pansy that he had his eye on someone, he thought she was just teasing.  Anything to make Pansy stop asking questions, because he had never told a soul that he had feelings for anyone.  And if he had, he would never have mentioned the name.

How the hell did Luna know?  Why had she just said what she had?  Did this person feel the same as he did?  Were the strong feelings coming from him?  Oh Merlin, he couldn't wait to get out of here and make some headway.  He needed to tell this person how he felt.  

Luna was right.  Luna was always right.