5. Inside the Rooms

Draco and his fellow Slytherins had all gathered in his room.  Which strange enough, was next to Harry's.  With a closed door and a silencing charm, they were talking about what had happened in the hall.  The anger, the apology and then the fact that he had his eye on someone.  Pansy was watching her best friend, and the way he was running his hand through his hair.  She knew what he was feeling.  She had known for some time, but being the good friend that she was, she never once mentioned it.  But she was getting tired of it.

"Ok, what is a coma, and why was he in one?" demanded Draco.

"A coma is a medical condition.  From serious injury, and from what I know, if you survive a coma, you're a lucky son of a bitch, because not everyone does.  It can kill you", she replied.

"Did you guys see the way his eyes changed color when he got pissed", smirked Draco.  "He was fuming.  I wonder what they did to him.  Pansy you have to find out", he stated. 

She raised her brow as if to ask why would I do that.  He rolled his eyes at her, and said "we need information to use against him, you stupid wench".  Pansy knew that that wasn't the real reason Draco wanted the information.  She was sure he wanted to know so that he could think on it, and pine away for Potter.  Just like he had been doing all these years.  She would wait until they were alone, and talk to him about it.

Blaise interrupted her thoughts and said in a soft voice, "Yes he was angry.  I've never seen him so angry, and to be honest with you, I feel sorry for him".  Both Draco and Pansy looked up at him so fast, he thought their necks would break.  He held up his hands and carried on, "Think about it.  Every year he has shit put on his plate and he just has to take it.  How would we have reacted?", he asked.  Draco narrowed his eyes at his friend.  Was Blaise starting to feel something for the Gryffindork?

Pansy looked between them.  Was Draco jealous?  Of what Blaise had just said?  Maybe Blaise was right.  Maybe it was time to bury the hatchet, and make amends.  But deep down, she had the feeling that this act would not be welcome.  Not any time soon anyway.  Filing it away for later, she sat down next to Draco on his bed and started her rant.  "We know he was in a coma, and that people died.  We also know that he almost died. We don't know how or why, and I don't think he's exactly in the mood to tell anyone.  So we let it go for now.  Until later.  Then he stands up and apologizes for his anger!  Like what the fuck!  Then he leaves to god knows where, and he comes back almost ok.  Then Luna.  She said that they both have their eyes on someone.  I'm assuming it's someone here at Hogwarts.  I can get this information on her easy enough, but not on Harry.  I don't think she knows who he likes. I just need some time.  But for now, you will have to wait Draco", she said with a sigh.

Draco sighed back.  He was in no mood to wait.  He had a suspicion that Pansy knew about his feelings.  She wasn't stupid.  Blaise was maybe the ignorant one.  He looked at his friend, and was astonished that he got up from sitting on the floor, and said that he wasn't going to be a part of this.  Yes Potter was a favorite among students and staff, but he didn't want to pick up from last year.  He too had his eye on someone, and if he had to make amends and drop this shit, then he would. 

Both his friends mouths dropped open.  Wanting to know who it was, Pansy asked him.  He refused to tell her, and said that when the time was right, they would be the first to know.  And so he left the room.

Pansy and Draco were floored.  But they would get back to that later.  For now, she wanted answers.  She turned to Draco and put her hand on his back.  "I hate Potter", he spat out.  "Of course you do love", she said sarcastically.  He looked at her, and when she raised her brow again, he knew that she knew.  "What?!  You've been pining for him since third year, anyone would be blind not to see it.  Lucky for you I'm the only one who has", she smirked. 

Draco was grateful for her.  She knew him and understood him.  She pulled him into a hug, and said that maybe he should stop with the insults.  He hugged her back and said very defiantly, "Never Pans, it's the only chance I get to talk to him and get a reaction out of him".  He smiled at how easy it was to grate on Potter's nerves.  He loved the way he would snarl, the way his eyes would change color, and the way his beautiful body would shake.  He secretly wished that that strong body would hold him one day, the way he held Luna in the hall.  But he knew it would never happen.  Harry Potter like him of all people?  They hated each other.

"We still need to find out who he likes, and then focus on the coma thingy", he said with tears in his eyes.  Pansy hugged him again, and said she would do whatever it took to find out.  But she was still adamant that Luna had no idea who he liked.  Harry was mysterious and secretive like that.  Even her being a Slytherin, knew that.  Harry was shy and didn't like being the center of attention, and so would have told no one.  Of that she was sure.

Draco nodded, and said thank you for being there.  Always being there for him.  When no one else was.  Pansy clicked her tongue and said she would always be there for him, no matter what.  She loved him like a brother.  She herself had feelings for someone here, and wondered what a wonderful thing it would be if all of them found love this year.  Instead of hate, just love.

She asked Draco his opinion on what Blaise had said.  About making amends.  Draco said he would think about it, but for now he was tired, and he still had to unpack.  She understood, and walked towards the door.  Leaving Draco with his thoughts, and his desires.  Before leaving, she turned to him and said, "At least your room is next to his.  Sweet dreams", she said with a wink and left.