51. wendy darling

Asher stares at me for what feels like forever.

"Pinch me, Estella," he says.

"Huh?"

"I must be fucking dreaming."

My mouth curls up into a smile. "You aren't."

I pinch him anyway.

"Fuck, ow!" He laughs. "What the fuck?"

I shrug. "For proof."

His giant pupils stare right into mine. I'm not the best at keeping eye contact, but I can't seem to look away from him right now.

"I'm stupid, Asher." I blurt out. His eyebrows furrow at my words. " I'm so, so stupid because you poured your heart out to me and I told you that the kiss was a mistake. I know that wasn't easy for you, and I also know that it's not something you do often, and I shot you down."

He shakes his head. "Stop, it's okay."

"No, just listen to me for a sec."

I take a deep breath and he lets me continue. "I lied by telling you I didn't feel the same for such a long time. I know you probably already know that, but I'm still gonna tell you, anyways," I continue, taking a fistful of the fabric of his t-shirt. "The kiss at the museum wasn't a mistake. It's so far from being a mistake, Asher... I need you to know that cause you deserve the truth. And I'm sorry it took me so long to realize it."

He smiles. "It did take you a while."

I laugh weakly and bite my lip. "I know. I'm sorry."

He shakes his head lightly and brings his hand up to my face. His fingers wrap around my chin and his thumb pulls my bottom lip from between my teeth.

"I get it," he whispers. "Don't be sorry."

He presses his lips to mine in a slow kiss. My hands wrap around his neck and my fingers rake through his hair as our lips move in sync with each other.

His tongue enters my mouth, rolling against mine as he pulls me closer to him.

I can't get enough of this feeling. I can't get enough of him.

His right hand travels down my body, gripping onto my thigh. His lips leave mine, instead traveling down to my jaw, then to my neck. I bite my lip as he gently sucks on the skin, moving his lips to the opposite side and doing the same there.

His mouth stays on my neck for a long time. My eyes flutter shut and my stomach does somersaults each time his lips come in contact with my skin.

My phone rings in my back pocket. I ignore it, anyone calling at this time can wait.

I pull his hair, guiding his lips back onto mine. I have no idea what I'm doing, but he seems to like it.

"Fuck," he whispers against my mouth.

I smile. He smiles, too.

My phone continues to ring in my pocket. He pulls away from me and looks me in the eyes. "You should just answer that. Whoever it is really needs to talk to you right now."

I smile sheepishly as I reach behind me to grab my phone. Asher pulls away, adjusting his pants as he takes a step back.

"It's my mom."