1 - D A Y O N E

Half-Blood Prince

Evangeline Carter

"Eva, stop staring. You're making it so bloody obvious that you like him." Charlotte scoffed, as she watched me, while I stared at the most beautiful boy to ever exist. Elliot Davis. Sitting across the great hall with his other Slytherin friends.

"Aww, does little Eva have a crush?" Oliver smirks, slightly pushing my shoulder.

"I don't have a crush on him!" I screamed, a little too loud. Everyone at the Gryffindor table is staring at us now. Great, how embarrassing.

Char and I don't get along with our other Ravenclaw mates, so we just sit at Oliver's table.

Charlotte giggles. "You expect me to believe that? Honestly, I don't get how you can like these dirty boys, and just switch teams like I did. It's much better." Charlotte throws a wink at me.

She's right. I don't even think Elliot knows I exist, I always spend my time in the library with Char and Oliver, but when they leave for quidditch practice I'm all alone. God, I wish I were a lesbian.

I was so stuck in my thoughts I didn't even realize that I was still staring at Elliot. That is until he notices and smiles at me. What the hell?

"Hello! Earth to Eva!? Oliver says as he's waving his hand to my face.

"I'm sorry, what?"

"I'm saying, you should listen to Char and me, being into girls is so much more fun."

"Oh shut up Oliver, you don't even get any pussy!" Char exclaimed. "The last time you were in one was the day you were born." I giggled.

Oliver looks at Char offended. "I do get pussy! I'm just busy with school, quidditch, and stuff ..."

Char and I start dying of laughter. "Sure, whatever tugs you in at night."

"Okay whatever, I have to get to potions. I'm gonna be late," I added.

Unfortunately, as I was walking down the hall there was a huge fight taking place blocking the door to my next class, and causing a huge crowd. I wasn't surprised though, I already knew who it was going to be, Malfoy. He and his little group got into fights almost every day, and most of the time they got away with it. This was because Malfoy's father Lucius was extremely powerful, and the fact that they had money helped as well.

Char and he have been at each other's necks since year one. She hates him. I've learned it's best to stay away from him and his group for all the years I've been here in Hogwarts.

You see, not only did he get himself into fights all the bloody time, but he was a man whore too. He's been with most girls in this school and when he finished he tossed them aside like old socks.

Now I have to walk to the other side of the classroom, it's going to be a dreadful walk, great. I arrived at Sulghorn's class late, no one noticed as everyone was too busy gossiping with their friends. Unfortunately, I don't have Oliver or Char in this class.

The only familiar faces I see are the golden trio. Hermione was already reading, she and I hadn't spoken over the past years, just a simple "Hi" in the hallways but that's all. All I know is that Charlotte has the biggest crush on her, she won't shut up about it.

I walk over to Professor Slughorn, "I'm sorry I'm late professor."

"It's fine, don't worry about it Ms. Carter, it's everyone's first day back! Now, I've already given everyone their seats, you sit in the back next to the exit door." He says with a smile.

I nod my head and begin walking over to my seat. However, there's someone already sitting down. Next to the exit door, this is my seat, I'm sure of it. I looked around trying to find another seat but everyone's was already taken.

The person looks up at me and puts his hands up in the air as surrender. "Look I don't remember your name, shit I don't even remember getting with you I'm sure it was hot." He spat looking at me up and down, "but it was just a one-time thing so just leave me alone."

It's Draco fucking Malfoy, he doesn't even have a scratch on his face. I stood there with a confused look on my face, standing uncomfortable. "Umm, we didn't hook up, you're sitting in my seat."

"We didn't?" He asks surprised. "Well then maybe we should."

"You're disgusting." I spat. "Can you please just get out of my seat?"

"Go find another one, unless you prefer this seat." He smirks, patting his thighs.

"Hello everyone and welcome back!" Professor Slughorn shouts as he starts walking up to the front of the class and looks over at me, still standing. "Mr. Malfoy, I believe you're in Ms. Carter's seat." The whole class turns their head over looking at me, I feel embarrassed.

"Where do you suppose I will sit then?"

"Grab a chair from the corner and sit next to her." Professor Slughorn ordered. Malfoy scoffed but did as he was told. I stare at the pale blonde-haired boy, he's attractive. Devilishly good-looking. He has a defined jaw, and blue eyes and is very tall. I can smell his cologne now that he's sitting next to me. I'm starting to understand why girls swoon over him.

"Take a picture, it'll last longer," he said with a smirk. Bloody hell, he caught me staring at him.

"Don't flatter yourself," I say as I open a book in front of me.

"You're the one who can't keep your eyes off of me."

He's right. Why the hell am I staring at him? He's rude and arrogant. I refuse to be one of the girls he uses. He even thought we hooked up, Merlin, how many girls has he slept with?

"Are you new here?" He questioned looking at me.

"No actually, I've been here since year 1."

He chuckled. "That's funny, I've never seen"-

"You know, some of us are trying to read." I snapped back at him.

"I'm sorry, distracting the Ravenclaw virgin away from her readings isn't quite wise of me is it?" He said louder, making the whole class hear and burst out laughing.

I look up in hopes of finding Professor Slughorn putting an end to this but he's too busy helping Hermione with god knows what. He has no clue what's going on in the back of his class. I just sat there humiliated trying to ignore Malfoy.

"So I'm right then, you are a virgin?" He teased me. Before I can say anything, the class is dismissed and he immediately leaves the classroom.

How dare he? Asking something so personal and embarrassing me in front of everyone. I mean it's true, I am a virgin, wow shocker. It's only because I don't have time for relationships, my studies are much more important.

-

First chapter: how was it? This chapter was short but as you go they will be longer. I hope you enjoyed it. Please leave your thoughts here!