5 - Q U I D D I T C H

Evangeline Carter

I arrived at the stands, trying my best to look for Hermione even though it was very crowded. "Eva! Over here!" Shouts Hermione. I immediately go to her as she pats the seat next to her. She wasn't alone. Ginny Weasley and Luna Lovegood were next to her as well.

"Hi, Hermione!" I say with a smile on my face.

"Hi! You know Ginny and Luna right?"

"Of course!" They both smile and wave at me.

Before they can say anything Lee Jordan announces that the game is about to start. Madame Hooch counted down, and the game officially started. I immediately spotted Char and Oliver. To be honest, I have no idea what their positions are. I'm not that into sports, I know, shocker. We may have our differences, but I'll still support them no matter what.

"Here comes the Gryffindor team captain Oliver Wood, guarding his goal post from a Ravenclaw player! And boom, she knocks him off of his broom! Charlotte Smith, what an excellent Chaser that girl is, and rather attractive too!"

"JORDAN!"

"Sorry, Professor."

Everyone laughs at what just happened, including me. Char really did knock Oliver off of his broom. My thoughts wandered off from the game, and into Malfoy. I'm pretty sure he's already shagging another girl right now. He doesn't care about me, as soon as he gets what he wants he's just going to leave, I know it. My thoughts got interrupted by everyone cheering and screaming, I had no idea what was going on.

"Eva!" Hermione yells. "Harry caught the snitch, Gryffindor won!"

"Really!? I got up and started cheering along with Hermione and everyone else.

After the game, everyone in the Gryffindor common room went crazy about their win. They have Oliver, Ron, and Harry cheering and yelling. I see Charlotte come in.

"Hey Char, I'm sorry about the game," I tell her over the loud music.

"It's fine! Don't worry, at least I knocked Oliver off!" She says as she hands me over a drink.

"What's this?" I questioned.

"Alcohol, the Weasley twins sneaked it in a couple of minutes ago, you don't have to drink it. Just give it to me when I'm done with mine. I know you don't drink."

Everyone starts causing a scene out of nowhere. I look over to see Ron making out with Lavender Brown. I look over at Hermione and she immediately leaves the room. Char looks at me with a concerned look, asking if it's okay to go after her.

"Go! She needs you." And with that, Char is gone.

I impulsively drank the whole cup Char gave me. Hoping it will get my mind off of things.

And another.

And another.

And another.

Next thing I know, I'm standing on top of a table singing from the top of my lungs.

I see Char and Hermione walk in with a confused look on their faces. Hermione rolls her eyes but slowly joins in singing with Char.

Everything feels so surreal, I can see everyone having a great time as they're singing and dancing. I don't know what's going on, all I know is that I'm drunk out of my mind and suddenly feel extremely dizzy, and everything turns black.

-

I woke up the next morning in my dorm with a huge headache, hoping whatever just happened was a dream out of embarrassment.