Hell's Portal

I laid there in my chamber staring at the blood red stone walls. The stillness and the cold cascaded over me and drew into a slumber. I heard my brother Damien yell from the hallway, "Father demands your presence! Move it. Now." I growled under my breath, "Why does he wish to see me now." My brother Damien growled back, "It doesn't matter why. You do as you are told. Now, go." I grunted in response as I stood up. I hate this. I hate going into the war room. It's a room full of tension and all my brother's fight for father's attention. It's pathetic. I walked out to see Damien, standing there. Just waiting and watching. The halls were lit by candles. Picture hung on the wall.. each one is a memoriam to the past. Whether it be a battle, or a remembrance to the war to come.

  We walked in silence as we reached the war room. The door was tall and had carvings of faces drawn in. I breathed in as my brother turned his face toward me. His red eyes focused on my every movement. His hoove shook in frustration as he whispered, "Nervous? Do you think you've angered father in some way?" My body stiffened as I did my best to relax my face. Never show fear to the other demons. Even if they're my brothers. Especially if they are my brothers. Or they'll eat you alive. I quietly laughed and shook my head then said, "Not at all." Damien gave me a coy smile then gripped the door handle. You could see the tatted waves crawled up his arms and to his neck. Each battle my family and I fight earns us another mark. It's a tradition that can be very painful and very uncomfortable. Damien opened the door. I walked in. My hooves clanked with each step I took. My father sat there in royal blue chair and his dark amber desk. Weapons of torture hung all around his walls. To the left was a table with a map that marked out the human world. Beside that map was another that displayed heaven and it's army. I looked back I my father as I walked toward his desk. His white straight long hair fell down his back. His skin was pearlescent which contrasts the starking black marks all over his body. His long gold nails tapped on the desk as his red eyes, like my brother's, followed my every move. He licked his red lips. It's funny.. if I were human, I'd be entranced by his beauty. The lord did say Lucifer could disguise himself self as the Angel of Light. I bowed my head as my father spoke, "Dametrious.. as you know, we face great battles ahead. The human world is changing. The veil is thinning.. humans are transforming. Some humans more than others. We have found that a few of the mortals have been "Chosen". Meaning some have abilities.. What those abilities entail are unbeknownst to me but it cant be good. Not only will we have heavens army who has archangels and angels but now humans too? We have to eradicate the issue before it comes to a head. I have decided to send you, Demetrious. One human in particular has been sighted. Her name is Eliana Saintclair. You will be sent to earth to watch her. Learn about her and find out about the others. Then you will simply dispose of her."
In the background from the open window I could hear my brothers snarling, fighting over the news. Damien was still but very tense. I could tell that this displeases him. I don't even understand why he would send me. I'm the youngest and I HATE the human world. The stench.. the people swearing up and down how much they love God and yet.. they abuse, the murder, they defile. Ha. Hypocritical fuckers. I hate them. My father simply stood up, his gold robe fell to the floor and trailed as he towered over everyone in the room and walked toward the window. Is voice was loud and echoed across the room "Silence!" It was all that he needed to say. The area was immediately hushed. All I could hear was the breath going in and out of my mouth. My father turned back toward me. Then continued to talk, "You will pose as a human. You will have a place to live and be enrolled into her university. From everyone else's perspective you will just be a new student. In several minutes you will be meeting with Atrayu. He will send you to the human world. As you go through the portal all the information you may need will be given to you." Awaiting my response. All I could say was, "Thank you. I'll await my departure." He gave me a small nod then said, "You may go." As I left the room Damien glared into my very being and followed me out. He shut the door behind us then snarled, "Why you? Why in the fuck would he send someone of the likes of you. You're young, reckless even. You haven't even been to the human world. You never taken a soul from a human. You're weak." He pushed me into the wall. Nails digging into my skin. Snarls filled the hallway as he snapped his fangs at me, "Why has he chosen you, Dametrious. Of all demons, you?!" I snapped back and then growled, "Then why don't you ask father and see what he says?" Damien snapped his fangs at me once more. Then pushed himself off me and stalked to the shadows.

I stood there for a moment. Just breathing. My mind cycling what Damien said. Why the fuck did he choose me. I stepped away from the wall, pacing the hall. Passing each painting until stopping at one. A swirl of yellow and blue spilling through the sky. Angel's on clouds watching a figure falling through the sky.. down to a red firey pit. I could almost hear the screams. Hear my father's screams. A voice came from behind me, "Stuck in your imaginations again, Dametrious? Or are you honestly interested in the history that you never paid attention to in class." I turned to see a man a dark grey cloak. His hood covered his face. All I could see was glowing white eyes. Atrayu. He held a black staff that clicked with each step he took. I nodded my head toward him then said, "Just making an observation." Atrayu laughed then continued to speak, "The day that your father fell from heaven. Some call it the great divide and some call it our salvation." I turned my head back toward the painting then back at Atrayu and said, "So.. earth." I could almost hear him smiling as Atrayu spoke, "Yes. It is time for you to take your leave." Atrayu's voice was ruff and deep.I felt my breathing increase. Nerves setting in. I glanced away then asked, "Will it hurt?" It was all I could manage to ask before Atrayu pressed his staff against my chest. Lightning flashed, circulating around my feet. It lit the dim hallway. I felt the light consume me and through the thunderous sound all I could hear was Atrayu laughing maniacally, "Yes. It'll be excruciating."

God damn demon humor.

The lightning surrounded me.. then darkness. The darkness consumed me. It pulled my skin, tore my hooves, my marks were slit from my arms. I tried to scream but there was nothing but silence. My head flung back. My fangs torn out. Warm liquid dripped everywhere.

My focus was gone. I couldn't concentrate. But then.. information just pooled into me. Eliana Saintclair. Age 21. Twinbrooks, California. Attends Brooks University. In house.

Another excruciating tug at my body. And then there was light. This time it was warm. Inviting, even. Calm washed over me as I stepped out onto fresh soil. Trees surrounded the area but past the trees was the.. yes.. that's the sun. I have only seen painting of it. It surrounded my aching body. I felt like a rope of light around my waist.. pulling me into a different direction. Toward.. Eliana.