Honesty

Dametri held me close as I watched the trees sway out the window. Trust him? He will think I'm crazy. Hell, if I wasn't me, I'd think I was crazy. I scooted over further away from him.. He watched me as I moved and returned his hands on his lap.

  I took a deep breath then said, "For the past year every night I sleep, I have been haunted by spirits, demons, and possibly angels. Angels are rare but the others.. they are not. Recently, I've been getting attacked.. Bites, scrapes, bruises. It's horrible. I know it's hard to believe.. But-" His eyes went wide as he quietly interrupted me, "I believe you. I think the spirit world is becoming more prevalent. I'm not sure why but I've seen things too. Shadow people, things moving.. I understand, Eliana." My breath got caught in my throat. He believes me AND he has been noticing things too. 

   He smiled weakly at me then said, "Why is this happening to you? Did you play with a ouija board or something?" I glared at him then said, "Hell no! That shit is just asking for something terrible to come through your door. I would never." He  raised his brows then asked, "Why is it happening then?" I held my hands in my lap then twiddled my thumbs.. I shook my head then whispered, "I don't know.." He lifted his hand and rubbed his face, "Eliana, I cant help you if you wont be honest." My mouth opened.. caught in a lie. I looked down at the ground then said, "There's something different about me.." I looked back up at Dametri. His face mirrored the intensity that I was feeling, "I'm like a beacon. Different beings from different realms are drawn to me. And not all of them are safe." He stared for a moment deep in thought then said, "Wow.. No wonder why you've had attacks.." It felt good talking to Dametri. Comfortable even. It's not like talking to Edward. With Dametri, it felt natural. I mean, Edward is one of my best friends but.. Talking to him is more like making report. He gave me a half smile then said, "Why do you think you have that.. Umm.. Ability? Is there anything else?" I bit my lip and scratched my head then said, "Actually.. Well.. My friend and I have a theory.. Well not so much as a theory but.. About a year ago we noticed strange things happening with the world.. Similar to the things you and your parents noticed. Famine, the trumpet, the locust.. Things that if you read in the bible that defines that the end of times are near. Shortly after that we noticed odd things happening to us. Seeing shadow people, strange dreams, and astral traveling. But then.. In different occasions we were visited by angels" I looked away.. I shouldn't tell him about Edward. I don't think it'd be okay for me to tell information that isn't my own. I took another breath then continued, " For me, I was meditating in my room.. Getting ready to astral travel but then a bright light blinded me. It was all I could see. I could hear a voice. That voice surrounded me. It was all I could hear. The room began to shake as it told me, 'Eliana Saintclair, you have been chosen by the all mighty Yahweh. The Lord has picked you to fight in the battle to come. You will start to see yourself change. The end times is near.. Be careful and be vigilant.' As the angel talked the room started to change as well. I was outside. Rain poured all around me. I could see the sky parting and lightning crackling. There were others next to me. Angels and chosen.. We stood awaiting for battle. From the distance, I saw an army storming toward us. Demons snarling, snapping there jaws. They headed straight toward us and this.. A creature lead it to us. It was tall with long white hair.. Red eyes.. And black marks all over its body.. The dream is a bit hazy now. But, I remember bits and pieces. The vision warped and faded back into my room where the angel stood. It continued to speak, 'When the time comes, you will be ready. Life will become difficult.' I hadn't realize at the time what that meant. But I understand now." I looked back at Dametri who watched me patiently then he asked, "So.. This angel.. What did it mean when it told you that your life will become difficult?" My throat went dry, "There's a reason why I told you that I like being alone. Being around people has become increasingly difficult." My eyes began to water as I started to hug myself. I felt the temperature in the room drop. Dametri scooted closer to me then wrapped his arm around me, encouraging me to continue, "Every time around anyone, I feel what they can feel. There emotions, there thoughts become transparent. It can distort how I feel. In the beginning I couldn't leave my room. Every time I'd try I would be hit with a cyclone of feelings that weren't my own and I would see others aura's . I'd get disoriented and it would become hard to see. I'd even hyperventilate to the point of passing out. It started to get better and I was even to help control others emotion. I could even start to see what they were thinking. But when my mother had passed, it was like I was back at the beginning. And yet, it was worse because now others would feel what I was feeling. It was like a looming rain cloud was pouring over me and when I was around other people, they'd get caught in the storm." He breathed out as if he was holding his breath the whole time. He moved closer.. His lips parted as he gently wiped the tears falling from my face. I hadn't even realized that I was crying. He smiled softly as his eyebrows furrowed then said, "That must have been very difficult.." I nodded not wanting to say anything else. He gently cupped my face as he asked, "But you're able to be around me?" I sucked in air as he dropped his hands then said, "There's something.. about you. I can't read your emotions or see your thoughts. I'm completely blocked. At first it was unnerving but now your like a sanctuary from my own mind. When I'm around you, I'm at peace." His eyes lit up when I said that as a red hue covered his cheeks. He softly brushed my hair out of my face then traced my cheek. His hand fell slightly as he held my chin between his index finger and his thumb then pulled me closer. My eyes instinctively closed as I felt his soft lips against mine. My lips parted open while his hand fell to my waist. He gripped me as I opened my mouth. I felt his tongue slipped in as a moan escaped my lips. His lips traveled from my mouth to my cheek and down to my neck. I turned my head to he'd be give him more room to kiss my neck. As his lips caressed me, I felt goosebumps form all over my body.. I moaned out, "Dametri.." A loud growl escaped his mouth as he said, "Say it again. Say my name." I smirked then then turned my head back towards him then pushed him so his back was against the couch. I climbed on top of him then whispered in his ear, "Dametri.." 

The ChosenOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara