Eliana Perspective English 101

Shadows plagued my sleep. Discussions of war of angels. A figure piercing through the earth. My heart cried for him.
I awoke to the pounding sound of my alarm. Another vision. I have to remember to tell Edward about my dream.. although I can hardly remember my dream. I moved my head toward my alarm. Fuck. I must have slept through the first alarm. It's 8:30! Class is in 30 minutes and I still have to get ready! I turned to the side of my bed in a rushed and grabbed my clothes then changed quickly. Blue pants, red cardigan, hair in a bun and my brown boots. I grabbed my bag and ran out my room. Dorms. I absolutely hate them. Basically no privacy and theres always someone hooking up with someone. Bleh. I walked out of the dormitories and down the quad, past the cafeteria, and into the language arts building. English 101. Okay. I pulled my phone out of my pocket and glanced at the time 8:55. Cutting it close. I walked faster through the double doors then into my class. Mr. Robert's stood there beginning his lesson then glanced at me. His peppered hair was slightly disheveled and he had a blue ink stain on his white button up shirt. He put down his copy of Romeo and Juliet then said, "Ahh, Ms. Saintclair.. almost late, I see." I gave him a half smile then responded with, "Almost but not quite." I rushed toward my seat in the back corner and pulled out my copy. As I opened it, I saw a new figure come in. Mr. Robert's turned toward the man then said, "Welcome. You must be the new student. Faculty mentioned that I would get a drop in. Please take whatever seat is open." The guy scanned the room. There were plenty of open seats. Please dont sit next to me. Please don't sit next to me. I have enough issues being surrounded by people's aura, let alone feeling everything they feel. I don't need another person's emotions crowding my mind. There is hope, a lot of people tend to skip Mondays.. and yet out of all the seats he was striding down to sit next to me. He must have been at 6 ft and he was built well too. The girls in the class just watched him as he walked. The look of disappointment hung in the air as he continued down to the empty chair beside me.

He sat down slowly then turned toward me and smiled. His eyes. They are two different colors. One blue and one green. His hair.. black.. blackest black I have ever seen. His face was pale.. His lips pulled into a smile as he watched me study him. I turned my head as my face turned red. Stupid. Of course he would see you staring at him. He began to speak, "My name is Dametri." I stayed silent.. he continued speaking, "And what is your name?" I looked at him through the corner of my eye then whispered, "My name is Eliana."

Just glancing at him gave me chills up my spine. My whole body tingled. His lips parted. I let down my hair with hope that it'd hide my already heated face. Mr. Robert's voice echoed in the room as he said, "If you'd all turn to page 96."

I returned my gaze to Mr. Roberts as I heard Demtri whispered, "Pleasure to meet such a beautiful girl." I couldnt help but smile to myself and tried to hide myself in my auburn hair.

Mr. Robert's continued talking, "Turn to your left. That person will be your partner for the rest of the semester." I looked at Dametri. He still hadn't looked away. His smile widened. I bit my lip as I turned my attention to the book. Dametri talked low and said, "I'm sorry if I make you nervous." I shook my head then said, "I'm not nervous." Dametri whispered something I couldnt quite hear. I stuck my nose in my book. Dametri continued to speak, "Have lunch with me." I looked into his heterocromia eyes. My face was still as I whispered, "No.. I'm sorry." A quick glimpse of anger shined on his otherwise friendly demeanor, "Why not?"

I ignored his question and continued to read. For the rest of the class we remained silent. Go out to lunch with him? It's hard enough being in this close of proximity to anyone. This.. ability almost feels like a curse. I hardly have control over it. The bell rang. I stood up and walked out. All the while I could feel Demetri's eyes on me.