Prologue

Eliana opened her eyes slowly. She sighed relieved when she saw me next to her. She grabbed my hand and held it to her chest. I felt a steady heartbeat and her chest moving with each breath. I gave her a small kiss on the cheek and she smiled weakly then asked, "What happened?"

I breathed in. I told her angel that I wouldn't say anything but I hated the fact that I'd be lying to her. I sighed as I stood up to open my drapes then said, "What exactly do you remember?" 

I looked back, she paused as the light reflected in her eyes making it easy to see the specs of yellow dancing amongst the hazel. That angel called her Muriel. A familiar name.. I believe it's an archangel in heaven. What does he mean by that?? She continued to speak, "I remember Damien. I remember the fight. You moved so fast. Shadowy clouds of black filled the room. You told me to run. I am so sorry for leaving you. I shouldn't have.. you could of gotten seriously hurt." She apologizing to me? I laughed, "You are too selfless. I was fine. Demon's have a short recovery time. What else do you remember?" She tapped her index finger on her chin deep in thought.. Her face in heavy contemplation, "Then.. I ran to the lake. I honestly don't know why but.. I did.." She wrapped her right hand around her throat as she slowly said, "Damien.. he grabbed me.. The world faded around me.." I stood still watching.. seeing how much she remembers.. Knots formed in my stomach as I tried to keep a calm appearance, "Then there was pain.. An intense pain. Everything went black for a moment. I thought I was dying but and I felt myself fading but there was a flash of light. As if something pulled my soul back to my body." Her eyes filled with tears.. I walked up to her, sat on my bed, and held her, "After that, everything is a blur and I woke up here.. next to you." She leaned her head against me as she wiped her eyes, "Dametri.. Before everything.. when it was just us in your room.. You told me you bound yourself to me. What exactly does that mean?"

My heart stopped. How can I respond... How do I even explain?

In human customs, it's similar to someone proposing to the person they love. For demons it means that I claim her as my mate, that I desire to bind my soul to hers.. If she accepts then our souls will be intertwined. Completely and utterly connected.

I held my breath.