Stay or go

I ran outside without thinking of where I was going. Thay fucking prick. I heard footsteps coming from behind me. I felt someone grip on my wrist. I turned to swing my fist only for it to be caught by Dametri. My eyes widened as he pulled me close. I'm a fit of rage I pushed him away. He gulped, trying to hide his shock. He breathed out the words, "You're mad." I sneered as my hands turned it to shaking fist, "Yes I am fucking mad! You incompetent fool." I glared as his he licked his lips and averted his gaze.  He whispered, "I'm sorry. I shouldn't have.. I overstepped." My glare softened as I crossed my arms, "Yeah Dametri. You did. I dont understand you. You beg me to go out with you. You tried to kiss me. Then, when I kissed you.. you turned away. You made me feel like an idiot. I dont ever put myself out there like I did last night." He rubbed his face with his left hand and sighed, "I.. I have never felt anything like I did when I kissed you. Normally kissing means nothing to me. When I kissed you.. I felt a shock.. a shock that ran throughout my body. Honestly, it scared me." I stepped back.. mouth opened.. Oh no, what.. what if he's only attracted to me because of this God damn ability. That shock.. was that me manipulating him? I tried to blink away my tears. He stepped closer as he hesitantly reached for me, "I am sorry, Eliana.. I didnt mean to hurt you." His face was riddled with concern. I shook my head and looked away, "You didnt." We were quiet for only a moment but it felt like forever. He broke the silence, "Earlier.. in class." I watched him as he shuffled nervously and looked away, "In class.. with that boy. I was jealous. I didnt like that he talked to you. He talked to you with such familiarity. He clearly.. found you attractive." I gawked at him then said, "So what if he did?" He looked back at me trying to hide his anger, "And you let him prattle on.. you even seemed interested.. I have never felt like this before. So needy.. and.." I scoffed as I finished his sentence, "Controlling?" He bit his lip as he put his hands in his pants pockets then nodded, "Yes. Controlling. Theres something about you." About me.. yes. I can manipulate people without even thinking it. I laughed as I turned away and started to walk, "I guess I'm just special like that, Dametri." He hastened to keep up with me and grabbed me once more then turned me to face him as he said, "You are special, Eliana. Would you.. possibly give me another chance? To spend time with you." His hand still held me. No. You cant. If you are manipulating him then this isnt real. I looked away.. not wanting to see his face as I quietly said, "I don't think that is a good idea." His hand dropped as he breathed out, "Oh. I.. okay." He sounds as hurt as I was last night. I thought I'd feel vindicated but I only felt guilt. I looked back him.. we've only spent two days together. Why do I feel so.. tethered to him. I swallowed as I reached for his hand.. his eyes followed where my hand held his. dont give in. Do not give in. He slowly returned his eyes to me. Looking through my very being. Heart racing. His eyes flickered for an instant..  He looked up to the sky then said, "There's no other way to explain it. I feel connected to you, tethered." I felt rooted in place. Tethered. He intertwined his fingers in mine then said, "I feel like I cant stay away from you. But if you want me to.. I will." Tell him to stay away. It wont be healthy for either of you, if you are manipulating him with your ability. I closed my eyes then spoke, "I dont want you to stay.." he breathed in, "away from me, Dametri. I feel the same way about you, tethered somehow." I felt his arms wrapped around my body as he embraced me. You are such a coward. You should of told him to stay away. Nothing good can come of this. I felt myself sinking into the embrace and wrapping my arms around him as I whispered, "But.. we should slow things down. Start off as friends then go from there." His body stiffened in response. I could tell that's not what he wanted to hear. Truth be told that wasn't what I wanted to say. I shook my head and stepped backwards, "We should head back. I have my next class and I cant skip another lesson." He gave me a small smirk as he reached for my hand then said, "That's fine." I held his hand knowing that I shouldn't as we started to walk back. He quietly turned to me and said, "By the way.. I wanted to say this earlier but I let my jealousy get the best of me.. you look beautiful today, Eliana."