Tethered

I shrunk to the back corner of the couch shaking in fear. His eyes.. one red, one white. His teeth were jagged but.. his face still his. The aura around around him is so familiar. The red, the orange and the hints of black. He reached his arms toward me, I recoiled back into the couch. Dametri dropped his hands ashamed, his face matched my concern as his voice whispered the words, "I'm so sorry. I didnt want you to see me like this." I continued to shake as I stuttered, "W-what are you??" I feared that I already knew the answer.. he looked down at his hands.. His nails had transformed to claws protruding outwards.. He crossed his arms in attempt to hide them. I glanced at my clothes that were torn to shreds. He spoke, "Wait. Hold on." He quickly disappeared to his room. I could leave. Escape. Before.. before he returns.. But this is Dametri. He still him, right?
Dametri came back fully clothed with an extra pair of shorts and a long black shirt. He walked closer to hand them to me. My eyes went wide in fear. He stopped and bit his lip then asked, "Should, I.. leave it on the ground?" His voice was strained.. Obviously hurt. Dametri's hand stayed suspended in the air as I sighed then reached for them and gripped the clothes. He cleared his throat then said, "I'll leave, so you can get dressed." I laughed low, "It's not like you haven't seen me naked already, Dametri." I slipped into his clothes as he stood there. His body slowly changing back to his original state. His claws retracted and his eyes changed back to their normal colors. The black marks on his body seeped into his skin. He glanced down at his body almost relieved until he looked back at me. He closed his eyes while he ran his hand through his hair as I demanded, "Are you going to answer my question?" He looked at me.. fear and shame written all over his face. He sunk down to the floor and sat there. It was quiet as he gathered his thoughts. I brought my knees close to my chest and wrapped my arms around them. I hugged myself waiting. He looked at me.. fear reflected in his eyes as he whispered, "I'm not human. I'm not like you. I'm.. I am a demon from the 7th level of hell. My true name is Dametrious, son of Lucifer." I sucked in air but still felt like I couldnt breathe. A demon. I fucking knew it.. as soon as I saw his eyes I knew. And then it hit me, "You are the demon that I have been seeing the past several weeks?! YOU ARE THE REASON WHY I HAVEN'T SLEPT?" My voice rose to a scream. He sat there quiet as I continued to yell, "I came here. I came here to you for comfort and you just.. you told me you understood!" I laughed as I stood up, rogue tears falling from my face. He got up as well, mirroring my movement, "Dametri, you fucking lied to my face. Then you fucked me!" He walked toward me. I felt dirty and used. His hands shook as he placed them gently on my face. Like before he brushed the tears off my cheeks. Instinctively I leaned into his touch. Wait.. No! I wont fall weak to his touch. I wont. Fuck that. I pushed him back, anger raging inside me.. the room started to shake and the air around me filled with static. I couldn't breathe as I yelled, "Is anything you that you have told me since we met true?!" This time he recoiled back. I stepped forward, hands turned to fist as my aura grew as bright as the sun. His eyes squinted as he nodded his head, "Yes. Our first kiss was honestly like nothing I felt before.. At first I thought it because you were different.. you are human but then.. that tether.. I have never been so connected to anything or anyone. But when I met you.. It was as if I was bounded to you. I couldn't stop thinking about you. I still can't." He moved closer to me as I stood still.
The room slowly stopped shaking. The light surrounding me began to fade. My body felt heavy and weak. My shoulders dropped as my hands unclenched then whispered, "Why? Why would you..? How could you?" I couldn't finish my sentence. I was too drained from everything to be able to think, "Why tell me now, Dametri?" I looked down. He gently lifted my face as his lips parted, "Eliana. I have lived in hell for over a milenia. 1000 years of wars, battle plans, and torture. Throughout those years, I have had numerous succubi." My bodied stiffened. I've studied those creatures.. They create and take energy by means of sex.

I glared at him, "Not making me feel better, Dametri. He sighed then continued, "In that world, I was content. With those.. women.. I felt nothing but satisfaction. And then I came here. I met you. I have never felt the need to mark, to claim another being. With you.." He cleared his throat as his hands dropped from my face and down my arms. They fell to my hands.. he held them softly, "There's no other way to describe it.. Eliana, I've claimed you as mine. The demon inside me only ever craved you. You are so special and pure. It goes against nature for me to want you as my mate." I swallowed as my brows tilted up, "Mate?"

He froze for a moment embarrassed by what he said. He dropped my hand and grabbed the back of his neck then said, "Every archdemon chooses another to be their mate. The demon will automatically feel drawn to her, tethered. They become their protector. Their guardian. Their sword and shield. As I said, I have never felt that way towards anyone.. that is until, I met you. I tried so hard to fight every instinct I had to be with you.. But I can't fight it anymore." Dametri bowed as he said, "Please. Allow me to be with you. Allow me to protect you." I picked his face up to look at me, I cupped his face then kissed him. Demon or not. I feel this tether too.

I felt a sensation of heat radiating off his body as I heard his voice echo in the room.
Eliana Saintclair, I bind myself to you. I am yours.

From the shadows I heard a slow clap. Another demon emerged. His eyes were blood red and were focused on us... his torso was bare and covered with those black marks. His black hair slicked back and his jagged teeth stood out while he smiled. He spoke slow, "Bravo! Bravo! What a beautiful display of emotions. 'Oh Eliana, you are my mate. I have never felt this way before.' And you immediately took him back! Pathetic human!" Dametri stepped in front of me as he growled, "Why are you here?" The other demon looked at Dametri, "And you, brother. Who the fuck chooses a human as a mate?" Brother? What does he mean by that? Dametri continued to glare the other demon continued, "Have you already said the words of binding to her?" Dametri stayed silent as his.. brother clapped his hands together in mocked excitement, "You did! Didn't you?? Ha!" Dametri's claws extended as the growls grew louder while he gritted through his teeth, "I won't give you another chance. Why the fuck are you here, Damien?" Damien laughed, "Isn't it obvious? That light that shined out of your pretty little mate was bright enough to pierce through heaven and hell. Father knew something happened and somehow you screwed things up. However what he doesn't know is how bad you screwed things up." Damien laughed as he looked passed Dametri and straight at me. The marks from earlier returned on Dametri's body as he yelled, "Then go back and tell father! I don't fucking care!" With each word Dametri said his body began to morph. Two horns formed on his head. His body shook as his fangs came out. Black wings ripped out of his back as he took step forward. Damien continued to laugh as he shook his head, "My dear Dametrious. You've been mistaken. I'm not here for you. I'm here for her."