Lunch with Dametri

Class went by fast. Unfortunately. I'm dreading to meet with him. My phone buzzed. I took a glance it's just Edward. Probably checking how my training is going. It's happening all too fast. We only got our abilities about a year ago. And its growing at an exponential rate. I started to walk toward the quad. I'm supposed to be distancing myself from the others. Being around them is too much. He wouldn't be happy that I am meeting with Dametri.

I walked outside and to the quad. 11:55.. why do I feel like theres butterflies in my stomach. Ugh. Body stop working against me! There stood Dametri. A girl was trying to talk to him. I say trying because Dametri was paying attention to everywhere else but her. His eyes caught mine. He walked away from the girl who was still in mid sentence and walked toward me. He gave me a smile as he put his hands in his pockets then said, "You're early."  I smirked and rolled my eyes then said, "And you are rude." He looked absolutely baffled then said, "I'm sorry, in what way do you mean?" I laughed and he looked even more confused as I said, "That poor girl was trying to talk to you and you completely blew her off. Shame too. She's pretty." He smiled when I said that then took his hands out of his pocket to run his fingers through his hair and said, "Not as pretty as you." I rolled my eyes trying hard to to hide my excitement. His smile changed to a half smirk as he continued, "And.. as I said.. I find you interesting." I bit my lip as I refused to smile, "So Dametri.. where would you like to go? What would you like to do?" He glanced around then looked back at me then said, "I'm new here. I honestly don't know where to go or what we can do."  My eyes momentarily widened as I spoke, "You are new and you already have a fan club starting. Lucky you." I tried to make sure that the last part didnt sound bitter. He laughed as he looked down then said, "Well.. I have the tendency of getting the opposite sex attention and I usually get what I want." He looked at me as if he was studying me. I scoffed as I started to walk then said, "Well get used of disappointment because this is the first and last time we are going to spend time with each other." He gave me a half smile then said, "We'll see about that. I think that once you get to know me, you'll find me interesting as  well." He gave me a smug look. He is so full of himself.

  We walked toward the parking lot as he gave me a questioning look as I grabbed my car keys. As we walked into the sea of cars, I looked for mine. He cleared his throat then said, "Umm.. so where are we going?" I glanced at him as I clicked the button for my alarm then said, "Theres a coffee shop a few miles away from the school. It's called the grind. The coffee is absolutely delicious and considering the mountain of homework I have might as well get some caffeine." He fiddled with his jacket as he said, "Alright. Are we taking separate cars?" He looked at me nervously as I said, "No, I'll drive." As we walked further into the never ending aisles of cars I finally heard my car beep. I smiled in triumph as I said, "Perfect." We both got into my red sedan and I quickly started the engine. I buckled my seatbelts and Dametri watched me as I pulled out of the parking space. I looked at him out of the corner of my eye as he shifted uncomfortably in his seat. He gripped onto his black leather jacket as we pulled up to a traffic light. I giggled then said, "You act like you've never been in a car before." He rolled his eyes then said, "Honestly, I dont like driving. It's not safe.. We have legs for a reason." He added the last part under his breath. I continued to drive when the light changed back to green then said, "Well if you are so nervous, you should probably be put on your seatbelt." I gripped mine with my right hand to emphasize my point. He quickly put on his then said, "Sorry. I was distracted.." I laughed as I turned onto honey wood then asked, "Distracted by what?" He lowered his voice as he said, "By you. For some reason, I just cant keep my eyes off you." I gulped as the heat raised to my face. He really has a talent for making me blush. It is hard for me to accept his complement. I have never felt comfortable in my body. I always felt I was too curvy.. my thighs are thick, my breast are too big, my hair wavy and unmanageable. My mind wondered to the girl who he was talking to earlier. She was about 5'8, thin, perfect hair.. perfect body. I'm nothing like her. I sighed as we pulled up to the grind then turned toward him and said, "We're here."